Camp Cuisine

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the frenzied tip of the "busy season" iceberg. It takes a big ol' noggin to wear this many hats. Howzabout yrslf?

I'm good. . . Busier than a three peckered Billy-goat!

Wish this heat would chill out though, makes me want the weather from the GTG again.

This is in the oven.

245838d1342981132-berrycobbler0001-jpg

Pick berries. I have wild blackcaps, blackberries and tame raspberries in various stages of ripeness this morning. Pick while cooling off after trying to walk The Used Dog until his heart bursts....no bursting today.

Carefully remove big box of Bisquick off top shelf over your head and be careful not to tip the steel thermos onto your head...that's a safety concern. Maybe wear a hardhat while getting stuff off that shelf.

Mix up dough with Bisquick, adding enough sugar to make it sweet. Throw in a handful of oats to make it healthier.

Throw berries into a pan and sprinkle with sugar. Cut biscuits until you get frustrated that they are sticking to the cutter because you put too much water in the mixture. Then ball them up. Put them on top of the berries.

Place in preheated 400 degree oven and cook until they are done.

View attachment 245838

Nicely done slowp. I assume you already have my address so just go ahead and ship it overnight. Thx.

Yesterday I was invited to my cousin's house for her b-day. The invitation neglected to inform me I was going to be in charge of cooking pizzas in her wood fired pizza oven. No prob. It was fun. The dough was made ahead of time so you just grabbed enough to make a persoanal pizza and rolled it out. Use plenty of flour so it the shell slides around on the pizza board. Then there was a huge toppings bar. Just add on what ever floats yer boat. I didn't even have to share the can of anchovies with anyone else. Then slide the pizza off the board (remember all that flour) into the oven so the Pizza Master, me, could slide it around for 2 minutes. Done! Slice and eat.

The other interesting item was strawberry salsa. First slice sweet strawberries 7/22" thick and reslice at 90 degrees from the first slice. Finely dice a jalapeno chili and 1/4 cup white onion and ad to the berries. Olive oil, fresh oregano, a spritz of garlic juice, 2 tablespoons of Coke, and lastly a quarter cup of cilantro. Mix and chill. Mix again and taste. Might need a teeny bit of sugar. Serve with very thin corn chips. Cleanse the palate with Tecate after each chip. Enjoy!

The Coke was my idea. I add it to everything.