Can A firewood processor be made from THIS?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeeVee

East Coast Champion
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I have one of these, not going to be used to cut grass anymore. 35 hp 4 cyl Kubota Diesel, Danfoss hydraulic pump is HUGE. This has five reels run with hydro motors, each reel has a hydro lift cylinder. the rear steering has a hydro cylinder, four wheel drive is run with 4 separate hydro motors.

I'm thinking the machine can flow a whole bunch of hydro gpm's, and potentially be a processor that is mobile.

I also have a smaller machine, a Jacobsen TRI King that featires a 18hp Kubota diesel prolly with a Danfoss and has many hydro motors too.

I am curious what you guys think, before I post it on (editted website link) to see what those crazy guys might suggest to do with it.

I am NOT going to build anything out of it personally, but may sell it very cheap, whole, or part it out on Flea bay....

Processor? I can imagine a couple of conveyors, a cut-off B&C, a splitter, a log lifter, conveyor adjustment cylinders, lights.....

Or maybe a tractor unit (the front axle can be narrowed without cutting and welding, it has box section steel that is bolted, remove center section and it is prolly 4' wide) with untold number of variants to it, winches, jib arms, hydro log arch.

What do you guys think?

2640549540069541497WQJKNu_th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
At the moment, no. It has been sitting. However, I anticipate the device will run (well) with a hot battery and general maintnenace of fluids, filters, being a diesel. The Reels are probably well worn, and I have no desire to cut turf anyway.

Latest posts

Back