Can anyone explain this?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monk34

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
IMG_20220411_155900.jpg

i just discovered this when opening up a p-41 pioneer chainsaw. It would start and run for a bit before stoping. What could have caused this?

Attachments

• IMG_20220411_155914.jpg
    IMG_20220411_155914.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 14
I would think somebody sucked up a mouth full of bb's but it's probably a ball bearing that fell in through the carb.
i think so because all the craters are pretty much a perfect circle. Do you think the chainsaw would still work like this?

Could it possibly be a butterfly screw?
possibly, the only thing is I found nothing in the combustion chamber which I managed to unseized with heat. Would you think i could weld in the holes and sand it down?

I think any repair attempt would add risk. I’d blend down sharp edges on piston with a Dremel polishing something-or-other. They make a rubbery wheel with embedded abrasive. The outer edges of crown may be peened outward so maybe flat file the edges back to cylindrical. Ring groove may be crimped below peening too. A jewelers file may address any of that.

Then I’d assemble and run. No way I’d weld it.

I think any repair attempt would add risk. I’d blend down sharp edges on piston with a Dremel polishing something-or-other. They make a rubbery wheel with embedded abrasive. The outer edges of crown may be peened outward so maybe flat file the edges back to cylindrical. Ring groove may be crimped below peening too. A jewelers file may address any of that.

Then I’d assemble and run. No way I’d weld it.
ok thanks

Latest posts

Back