Can Anyone See????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carhartt

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Anyone ever find a pair of (comfortable) saftey glasses that dont fog up that you keep taking them off so you can see? I like my eyes and sawdust and woodchips reak havac on my contacts.:givebeer:

The Visorgogs with vents?

IME, they don't fog and are comfortable to wear over glasses. You just look kinda dorky because they are lab safety glasses instead of manly outdoor ones. :)

Get one of the wipes that skiers use, you wipe the inside of the glasses, and poof!No more fog.Lasts a couple of weeks, then just wipe again.
I bought my rag years ago, and it works great.No more fogged up glasses!

carhart,

Two things I have found that work great.

Oakley M frames.

They ain't safety glasses, they are rated above ANZI and will take a load of #8's from a 12 ga. and top 'em cold.
Safety glasses will shatter sending the spall into your eyeballs with the same abuse.

They don't fog as much becaue the design favors ventilation.
I hardly ever get fog unless I step inside a heated room after bieng outside when it's really cold.

They aren't cheap however. But you'll find yourself wearing them as sunglasses as the optical quality is flawless, and they are extremely comfy.

The other thing is "Vari-clear".
http://www.mfgsupply.com/m/c/0254.html

It's a spray cleaner sold in Motorcycle and snow machine shops.
The stuff works great!!

The wife and I have been using it for years.

Nemesis safety glasses or.....

There are some places i've seen that had mesh safety eye protection.....check that out. Maybe some logger-types can chime in on what I'm talking about in further detail.

Last edited:
Anyone ever find a pair of (comfortable) saftey glasses that dont fog up that you keep taking them off so you can see? I like my eyes and sawdust and woodchips reak havac on my contacts.:givebeer:

Try ........Spit (clean) into your glasses and wipe it around.

(worked for anti fogging for scuba diving glass .way back when...)

:cheers:

Yep, spit in them and rub it around good, works great in my ski goggles, snorkeling goggles and safety glasses.

How about some motorcross goggles (not safety wear, but helps with the dust) and a helmet/hearing/shield system?

One thing that I found helped in hockey was to simply wipe handsoap on them. Just enough so that they have a tiny film layer but not enough that they aren't still perfectly clear to see with. It may only last a day but everyone has soap and trying it once has a really low price. See what you think.

Try ........Spit (clean) into your glasses and wipe it around.

(worked for anti fogging for scuba diving glass .way back when...)

:cheers:

Ive had a chest infection and a cold it looks like i spit out Kermit the frog every time so i guess that idea goes out the window lol

I have always worn a hardhat that has earmuffs and a wire facescreen. Never had a problem.

Back