Safety glasses recommendations

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone have a source for safety reader glasses? I was given a couple of pairs and love them, but have not had any luck finding a source for more.I can find all kinds of bi-focall safety glasses. That is not what I am looking for. A 1.5x reader is perfect for me for everyday use, both close up and reasonable distances. A 2x reader matches my wifes distance prescription perfectly as well.
if you have a source for fixed focus safety readers, please post it up
I'm not sure if they still carry them, but Princess Auto ( I see Ontario in your avatar) used to carry "bifocal" safety glasses that where only a couple of $$.

I wear prescription glasses, so, I always get safety rated RX glasses at the same time.

EDIT: often there are ‘buy one pair, get one pair 50% off’ offers. Many people use these to get prescription sun glasses (which are great fir driving). I tried to use them for safety glasses (ANSI rated, side shields, etc. ).

Sears used to sell them. Sam's Club Optical (not sure if you need to be a member). Many other optical places have some, but usually more limited choices, and more $$$.

Beats the . . . . out of wearing other glasses / goggles over these.

Philbert
I wear progressive (bifocal) glasses full time. Last year I bought progressive safety glasses online from Zenni Optical. I have been very pleased with them. I wear them full time at work (petroleum industry) . When using a chainsaw at home, I also wear a helmet/mesh shield/earmuff combo.

I likely have 20 pairs of bifocal safety glasses. That’s not what I’m looking for. I am looking for full lense safety readers. I know they are (were) made as I have 2 pairs I was given, but I cannot find a source (and there are no markings on the ones I have)

Latest posts

Back