Can I borrow a saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manco

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
How many times have you heard that? People that don't have a chainsaw seem to think that borrowing a saw should be like borrowing a postage stamp.
I have let a few people borrow a saw but I already knew that they knew how to operate properly.For the most part, borrowing/lending a saw is bad business.

Manco said:
How many times have you heard that? People that don't have a chainsaw seem to think that borrowing a saw should be like borrowing a postage stamp.
I have let a few people borrow a saw but I already knew that they knew how to operate properly.For the most part, borrowing/lending a saw is bad business.

Never ever lend out your wife/girl friend, your daughter, your vehicle/motor cycles, your gas tools, your electrical tools, your chainsaws, your boat, your trailers, your fishing rods, your SKIS, your tool chest and your cheque book, that way you are sure to keep your friends ! :p

Last edited:
Mange said:
Sorry I don't have any, I say and shut the door.

Hi mange,

I envy you ! That's one heck of a collection ! :Eye: :Eye:

Very few people get to use one of my saws, very few. I do have an old Stihl that I loan out to those with less experience though. How it is when I get it back determines if they get a newer Husky next time. If you like someone enough to loan them a saw give them some gas you have mixed yourself and some good chain oil as well.

clearance said:
Very few people get to use one of my saws, very few. I do have an old Stihl that I loan out to those with less experience though. How it is when I get it back determines if they get a newer Husky next time. If you like someone enough to loan them a saw give them some gas you have mixed yourself and some good chain oil as well.

I do love my fellow man, but with all due respect you are by far more generous or !!!!!!! than I am ! :dizzy:

I am tempted to say thanks, and leave it at that, but trouth is I havent bought 1/3 of them, and those I bought I bought cheep.
I can not take all credit, there is many that gave me their saws to get this collection! :eek:

PS. This is half the collection. ;)

lending things ???

my wife yes( I don't have one) my dog maybe(I don't have one) My CHAINSAW never( I have more than one of those) :Eye: :Eye:

ps. never lend money ....It causes Amnesia :blob5:

Last edited:
As a standing rule I never loan a saw out, those that do ask know the consequences of any misstep, so I loan it, You gotta stick by your freinds. :umpkin:

I have a loaner saw. The only one I will ever loan out. It's an old 015L with a chain that looks it was only ever run in the dirt. It also has an intentional crankcase leak so it instantly dies in the cut. No one every asks to borrow a saw twice. I wonder why?

loan

Guess how many times a year we get a seized up saw in that was just lent to someone else, OK when it left, but "this is the way I got it back".
DO NOT LEND YOUR GOOD SAW TO ANYONE!!!!!!!! :angry:

Anyone need to ask again!

The only way someone gets one of my saws is if I come with it, and I am the only one who touches it.

galde said:
The only way someone gets one of my saws is if I come with it, and I am the only one who touches it.
Thats what I do. they know I'll do the job right, and for little/no money, so they just ask me to do it. most of the people here dont know how to run a chainsaw anyways, so I'm the one they ask.

Mange, that is quite the collection! Are you married?? My fiance walked in when I had the pic opened and I told her "at least I don't have that many saws", and she speculates that you are not married LOL She says she wouldn't be marrying me if I bought that many! LOL

Collecting is me.
Yes I do some repeair maby 5-10 saws a week, mostly pro's that want help when others are closed.
Collecting is great.

Nice collection Mange, kept the picture to show my wife when she complains about another box showing up on the front steps that I don't have THAT many saws. :) As for loaning out saws, NEVER, offer to cut what they need for a few cold ones or a favor to be claimed later on. I did offer one neighbor this one to cut down a small dogwood but he said no thanks. :p

http://arboristsite.com/attachment_14106.php

Latest posts

Back