Can I borrow a saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old gear drive will cut through a building if you let it. Nice to keep around but would not want to use it daily anymore.

Hmmm...now I have a reason to keep my Poulan Pro 260, thay can borrow that one ;)

The level of selfishness amazes me, they are just chainsaws. You can buy another, you can have the person who borrowed it remedy any damage, though that would require character, which may be all eaten up by the selfish, hoarding mentality. :blob5:

P_woozel said:
The level of selfishness amazes me, they are just chainsaws. You can buy another, you can have the person who borrowed it remedy any damage, though that would require character, which may be all eaten up by the selfish, hoarding mentality. :blob5:

LOL...I am guilty as charged!!!

Actually the first person who asked to borrow a CS from me got a free tree felling. 3 x 20 foot high 10" dia trees and a stump. I also chopped it up and stacked ready for trash pick-up.

The way I see it is not selfishness, just protecting my investment but I am more than willing to help if I can. Besides I don't want anyone getting hurt with my equipment...especially a chainsaw.

i dont agree woozel.. ive workrd hard to get with friends help somel real good work saws.. i know how even best friends can inadvertently destry an real good chain saw.. plus with modified saws there even more danger to them that they get hurt..
been there ,done that.. nope my saws dont get borrowed . nor some other equipment i make a living with..now if a friend ask me to help him that a different thing .. most time i will ,if i have time.. but the new user got no buisiness with my top three saws.. mabe my echo 3000 ,a fourth saw i dont use anymore ,since i dont climb anymore much.... yea thats it.lol

maybe you guys have a larger circle of folks to deal with, I loan my gear readily to the few folks who ask, they know me well enough to understand they are borrowing something that I make my living with, they would and have on a couple of ocasions replaced the stuff they borrowed, due to not paying attention to what they were doing. Besides, like I said its just stuff, You shouldnt have anything that you cant walk away from anyway.

P woozel-they are not "just" chainsaws, if you don't understand that, it can never be explained to you. But I agree with you, by all means share tools with people you like, I do, but like I said earlier in this post, very few.

P woozel, Spend some time working in a saw shop and see the saws brought in after the neighbor borrowed it. Straight gas siezures, rocked out chains, bent bars, crushed saws the list goes on and on. A friend of mine lent his backpack blower to his neighbor and ended up putting a new piston and cylinder on it before he could use it himself, seems the neighbor did him a favor and filled his fuel tank for him. I hate to borrow anything because of the hard feelings a mishap can cause. People ARE more important than tools that's why I'd rather not lend or borrow tools. I keep the WildThing for a loaner, it is well maintained with a sharp chain and runs as weel as a WildThing can, I have almost no money in it and if it gets trashed I can get another one off e-bay for 50 bucks. I can eat a fifty for a neighbor if I had to, I'm not in a position to rebuild one of my 'pro' saws for a stupid mistake by someone other than myself.

Back