Can it be saved!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taznleo1

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have this pine tree, that the top snapped out during the hurricane last year. I would like to keep it, if someone thinks it could be saved. It has 1 good limb coming off of it, but the top one is dead.
I can climb the tree and cut the jagged part off where it broke, then seal it to keep the bugs and water off of it.
As you can see, the tree is on a bank on the river and the root structure holds the dirt on the bank. I am afraid if this tree dies, then the bank will start to wash way.
Please let me know what you think.

What you you suggest I plant there. As you can see it is a beautiful view and I would want something that grows quick and not block the view.
That is why I like this pine, it was tall (approx. 50 feet) and the only thing blocking the view was the trunk,

Keep those pictures around if you like it because that tree won't be around much longer. (sorry for the bad news)

Maybe you could put a cell phone tower there? They make so they resemble trees. I saw one that was over 100' I was able to pick it out but most people can't

:p

Looks like the majority said it can't be saved, so I guess it will come down and milled up to make a few 2x4's. Thanks for everyone's input.
Now I just got to figure out what I am going to plant in it's place.

Latest posts

Back