carb kit for antique 084????????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carvinmark

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I went into one of the local Stihl dealers and tried to get a carb kit for my 084. The owner looked at the carb in my hand and said "Oh, you got an antique there, I don't know if we even have any kits for that old bugger". He had to dig for about an hour to come up with enough parts for me to get by.
WTF, wouldn't you think that a saw that was put into production in 1986 should have a carb kit available? The dealer that is fixing my saw now is about 200 miles away and he stocks these kits. Guess I'm just blowin of some steam, the dealers around me are rotten.
Another example is -I was going past the other Stihl dealer and figured I would stop in and get a new chain for my Husky. I started to ask for a chain and he interrupted me and asked what saw it was going on. When I mentioned Husky, he said "we only sell chains for Stihl saws". Needless to say, I'm done with that JERK too.
I know of and use a great dealer but 200 miles? Ya, it's worth it to me.
Guess where I bought my last new saw from? 200 miles away, and I will do it again.
Mark:sucks: :sucks: :sucks:

Lakeside53 said:
Your dealer is not correct...

You can get carb kits all day long for these, both from Stihl and Walbro.
I know this as well as everybody in the saw biz does. Just can't understand my two local dealers.
I'm sure that most all dealers would stock at least one of these kits. The dealer that is 200 miles away said he has about 20 of them in stock!
Mark

carvinmark said:
I know this as well as everybody in the saw biz does. Just can't understand my two local dealers.
I'm sure that most all dealers would stock at least one of these kits. The dealer that is 200 miles away said he has about 20 of them in stock!
Mark

Don't get much call for the HT kits... Maybe one in the past year... (and that was for my OWN saw). Not even sure I have them in stock, but I'd get one over night if needed. I can see your dealers point of view... he's not going to stock what doesn't move, but he could offer to get one for you.

Well, Mark, you have to also explain what kind of guy you sent your 084 to. This is also my dealer, and he would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it for the day.

This is the same dealer I have had so much trouble with because he never charges me list. Always gives me at least 10% off, sometimes 30!!!

It is a shame you have to send your stuff off to get it fixed. Be rest assured though Mark, it will be fixed right, and he does stand behind his work, no questions asked.

Oh yeah, he is a full line Husky dealer too.

Back