Carb problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
trains
Need a bit more history, how long has it sat since being last used, or did it just start doing this after running fine etc.

I would start with a carb clean and check the main delivery fuel nozzle (where the fuel enters the venturi ) for a stuck one way valve, dont use compressed air, you can damage them.
get some small vac hose, and place it on the metering side of the fuel delivery nozzle (once apart), and check you can blow thru it, but not suck back using your mouth.
Some fresh fuel, and a bit of movement back and forward will often get them unstuck.

Again, you have to start somewhere, so basics are, drain fuel if its old, put in fresh mix, if no help, check air filter, then take carb apart and clean, be careful with the gaskets and diaphragms, if you can, get a kit and have it as backup.

Pics of it apart will help too.

Romper

Romper

ArboristSite Lurker
Need a bit more history, how long has it sat since being last used, or did it just start doing this after running fine etc.

I would start with a carb clean and check the main delivery fuel nozzle (where the fuel enters the venturi ) for a stuck one way valve, dont use compressed air, you can damage them.
get some small vac hose, and place it on the metering side of the fuel delivery nozzle (once apart), and check you can blow thru it, but not suck back using your mouth.
Some fresh fuel, and a bit of movement back and forward will often get them unstuck.

Again, you have to start somewhere, so basics are, drain fuel if its old, put in fresh mix, if no help, check air filter, then take carb apart and clean, be careful with the gaskets and diaphragms, if you can, get a kit and have it as backup.

Pics of it apart will help too.
Sorry so long to get back. I am starting all over with your suggestions as well as a new carb. I could not get the rebuilt carb to flow. Maybe wrong gasket kit.
Thanks ahead of time I’ll let you know how it goes.

Latest posts