Carb with no limiter caps

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihladdictt

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I usually purchase old saws that need some loving and 9 times out 10 they don’t have limiter caps I was wondering how can you find the standard setting without the limiter caps the ms201t for example will screw all the way in and all the way out without the limiter caps making it hard to find the standard setting and tune from there I would really hate to be running my saws to lean

I think the limiter caps keep you from screwing them all the way out rather then all the way down, which is how you set them to "standard" screw em all the way in and back em off x turn/s
Either way, they are mostly meant to keep dummies from over "tuning" a saw so if you know how to tune one they don't do you a whole helluva lot of good anyway
Which reminds me... I need to pull them on the newer 461, seems to always want more fuel then I can give it.

I think the limiter caps keep you from screwing them all the way out rather then all the way down, which is how you set them to "standard" screw em all the way in and back em off x turn/s
Either way, they are mostly meant to keep dummies from over "tuning" a saw so if you know how to tune one they don't do you a whole helluva lot of good anyway
Which reminds me... I need to pull them on the newer 461, seems to always want more fuel then I can give it.
Agreed but I believe without the limiter caps you can turn the low speed adjustment a couple turns in on the ms201t making it hard to find the standard setting the saw runs pretty good after I tuned it but I would like the peace of mind that I’m not running it to lean I also put a fresh top end on a ms880 I recently purchased and the saw came with no limiter caps as well and I would like to have the carb tuned to standard setting upon break in

without the limiter caps you can turn the low speed adjustment a couple turns in on the ms201t making it hard to find the standard setting the saw runs pretty good after I tuned it but I would like the peace of mind that I’m not running it to lean

Do you have the service manual for the saw? My experience is, that the manual has instructions for how to get to the standard setting w/o the limiters.

I have no 201T experience, however.

Latest posts

Back