care to share your meat smokin tips & recipies?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did another practice breast this weekend to time it out etc getting ready for Christmas company nxt weekend when I am doing 4 at a time. It was excellent and got all positive comments from my neighborhood tasters and my adopted kids (cats) loved it too as always. :)

I used my same recipe I posted earlier but used a small hand full of chopped fresh ginger (for no other reason than I didnt want to waste a small part that would have been left) instead of 3 tbsp and soaked it 24 hours and then smoked it 13 hours (with hickory naturaly) @ 135ish turned up to 325 and took meat off @ 183, about 1 hr 15 minutes later, 14 hrs 15 minutes total.

Cooked on a shallow cookie pan for that big spoon full of smoky meat juice for the gravy and to keep the bottom of turkey from drying out.

Add 1 tbsp sure cure to the brine if you are squemish about long smoking times it will help meat store in frig better also makes a nice pink color meat.

It came out perfectly moist had smoke all the way to the bone meat was sweet and smoky and nice color, ( if thats what ya like?) so what I am saying is its going to be hard to mess up your turkey following some simple steps good luck! Merry Christmas!

Kansas

Latest posts

Back