What makes your business stand out?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not in the firewood business ,but have owned/operated a starter/alternator rebuild shop since 1989 and plan on doing it till I die

here is a few things that have worked for me.

Treat everyone the same,I dont care if you own a fleet or one vehicle you will get you turn just like everyone else no special treatment .

I'm not the cheapest ,but I do provide Good quality service for the work I perform.

Never talk smack about your competition,if they are hacks they will hang themselves.If they are honestly people trying to make a living make friends with them, there will always be enough work to go around this way you dont bankrupt yourselves trying to compete

I have built a good customer base and have a lot of repeat customers and have had customers tell me "I came to you because you always shot straight with my dad,mom, uncle ,etc"

Its hard to do sometimes,but be nice, some of my customers make me want to ring there neck but I have found that keeping my composure generally works best.

The old adage"the customer is always right"doesnt work ,,just make them think they are and things will work out

I'm sure there is many more,but as my grandparents and parents always taught me,,"Just treat people the way you want to be treated and you will do fine".

Perhaps the best thing you can do is grow a large moustache, and curl it properly. Then give everyone a free stick-on stache when they get wood.

I must concur that a marvelous moustache is the key to business success...sideburns don't hurt either

Try to be the best at what you do and make the extra effort to take care of all of your customers to the best of your abilities...

Back