Carlton 7015 stub shaft

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AAASTUMPSERVICE

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am replacing my v-belt on my 7015trx and the stub shaft has some play in it...up and down and in and out. Not much at all but I am concerned and unsure if it is supposed to have this play? Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Call JP carlton, u are not suppose to have any play in any shaft, u have a bad bearing who is eating the main shaft right now , Fix this before u make more costly damage to the stump grinder.

which shaft is moving like that, the sides one by the grinding wheel or the one's by theengine? how many hours does the machine has? we normally replace the bearing for the grinding wheel every 800 hrs for safety, post a picture and i an tell you, just need more info but seem like the bearing worn out and eating the shaft now.

Call JP carlton, u are not suppose to have any play in any shaft, u have a bad bearing who is eating the main shaft right now , Fix this before u make more costly damage to the stump grinder.

which shaft is moving like that, the sides one by the grinding wheel or the one's by theengine? how many hours does the machine has? we normally replace the bearing for the grinding wheel every 800 hrs for safety, post a picture and i an tell you, just need more info but seem like the bearing worn out and eating the shaft now.

It's the shaft coming out of the engine. The main stub shaft. Would I have to buy a new bearing or a new stub shaft as well? Or other parts? Do you know how much it would be for these parts? Thanks.

call the carlton dealer, The bearing are not to bad $$ wise, but look like u waited to long so the pulley for the belt is moving up and down with the shaft and in and out ? if so Take it a part to verified if you don't have any other issue.

to much tension or lack of maintenance will kill the bearing very often

Called carlton this morning and talked to service and parts, from what I explained to them they told me I would need a stub shaft bearing sub-assembly. $400 Plus overnight shipping which isn't cheap...I have work piling up so I need this fixed as soon as possible. Hopefully tomorrow will be a good day and i'll get this machine back to work and making money!

Called carlton this morning and talked to service and parts, from what I explained to them they told me I would need a stub shaft bearing sub-assembly. $400 Plus overnight shipping which isn't cheap...I have work piling up so I need this fixed as soon as possible. Hopefully tomorrow will be a good day and i'll get this machine back to work and making money!

you will probably need a new pulley as well. I just replaced mine last week as I went through two v belts in the past 6 months and finally realized the pulley was getting sharp and cutting the v-belt. There is a grease fitting on that shaft it shoud be greased. not often but, check manual.

BTW. Do not buy parts from Carlton, they are a frickin rip off. Call Dave at Global Exporters

you will probably need a new pulley as well. I just replaced mine last week as I went through two v belts in the past 6 months and finally realized the pulley was getting sharp and cutting the v-belt. There is a grease fitting on that shaft it shoud be greased. not often but, check manual.

BTW. Do not buy parts from Carlton, they are a frickin rip off. Call Dave at Global Exporters

Global exporters is cheaper than the dealer and carries all the same parts/teeth ect. ?

I installed the "sub-assembly ...spline shaft, housing and bearings" I don't understand how the pully stays on the spline shaft...their is 3 bolts that tighten a sleeve into the pully sitting on the shaft. I guess it wedges the two together and that is how it stays put? Anyways it's back on the machine with no play, just need to install the new belt and cover thing back up and it's all finished. not as hard as I imagined. Thanks for all the input and advice!

1345782935.jpg

1345783147.jpg

Im Glad you fix it up, grind couple stumps and call it even for the maintenance.

Since it is a part verified the front bearing assembly, and don't over tight the new belt, work it for 10 hrs and readjust the belt.

Was a pleasure to help.

Latest posts

Back