2015 7015 TRX - engine belt - options

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmycrackcorn_1

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Greetings - Jimmycrackcorn here from Myrtle Beach! Proud owner of a 2015 7015TRX . Question: do any of you have experience with drive belt manufacturers? I see many after market belt manufacturers out there and I wonder if the less expensive belt is worth it; or just purchase from Carlton. Any feedback is appreciated! Thanks, Jim

Hi Jim,

I have over 20 years of experience with belts and stump grinders. You don't want to use an all rubber belt as will continue to stretch while you're grinding. Also, there is clutching material called Aramin used on the inside of the belt. This is to keep the cutter wheel from turning when the cutter wheel isn't engaged. The rubber belt would grab the sheave/pulley and the wheel would constantly turn making it dangerous. The only company who makes this belt is Gates. There's another manufacturer who makes it but they only sell the size we need in Japan.

Hope this helps!

Dave
Global Equipment Exporters
770-420-6400

Hi Jim,

I have over 20 years of experience with belts and stump grinders. You don't want to use an all rubber belt as will continue to stretch while you're grinding. Also, there is clutching material called Aramin used on the inside of the belt. This is to keep the cutter wheel from turning when the cutter wheel isn't engaged. The rubber belt would grab the sheave/pulley and the wheel would constantly turn making it dangerous. The only company who makes this belt is Gates. There's another manufacturer who makes it but they only sell the size we need in Japan.

Hope this helps!

Dave
770-420-6400
Hi Dave,

Thank you for this information! Are you familiar with the D&D brand of belt replacing the 4B105? I cant tell if it is the all rubber style belt or not. Is it safe to say that Gates private labels the belts for Carlton? Thanks for sharing your expertise!

Jimmycrackcorn

I'm not familiar with the D & D brand. If it doesn't have the clutching material, it will not work. Yes, Gates does private label for Carlton.

Hope this helps!

Dave
770-420-6400

Back