STIHL 066 Redlight Rebuild - Big Bore Kit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

See'N'Saw

Reaction score
Greetings To All,

There is always something new to learn on this site provided by the best resource: EXPERIENCE! Therefore, I come to you concerning an upcoming rebuild project as follows:

STIHL 066 Redlight - I bought this pre-owned saw and rushed it into service without giving it a check-up first. Results: I finished the project but the saw seized up and now sits in a box in my garage): Unless someone can offer viable options, I intend to purchase a Bailey's Big Bore kit for the rebuild.

QUESTION: What other parts and tools should I consider buying in order to do this job right? I have thought about doing this on my own but will probably chicken out and turn it over to a former Stihl tech I know. I love this saw and can't afford a replacement.

Any and all feedback will be appreciated including raspberries from HUSKY owners.

Thanks,
Mark

Take the cylinder off and inspect its condition. Sometimes they are salvageable. The stock cylinder will make more power than the big-bore kit.

Just replied to a similiar thread regarding bb kits...never noticed any power gain...used them on 460s and 660s for a guy.

Latest posts

Back