Carlton SP8018TRX

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moe...I like the 8018. I use it most of the time. I only use the RG50 when there are just small stumps and there is alot of turning. The 8018 will create lawn damage if you turn too sharp. Basically you have to gradually make the turn. I also have a sheet of plywood that I keep in the truck for turning on if needed.

I had the Carlton factory rep come down and demo a couple of machines yesterday now I am totally confused ( a little more so than usual!)

I was thinking of replacing my older 1625 with something a little a more powerful. He brought the SP4012 with a 33 HP Kubota and that new Sandvick wheel. Unbelievable!!!! I think there is finally a little machine that actually cuts. Of course it had all sharp teeth and was completely new, but I was shocked. It also has two ground speeds and doesn't creep from stump to stump. I was amazed.

He also had a SP7015 track machine on the truck. This wasn't the machine I had been been interested in but he brought it to show me. I use my 672 for the big ones and just wanted a new more powerful small machine. He unloaded this machine "just to show me" This thing cut great!

So now I'm in a jam. Do I replace my 1625 with the Kubota - gaining a lot on the backyard stumps. Or do I keep my 1625, replace my 1672 with the track, and use the 1625 in the very tightest of situations.

I think the saleman was disappointed in me because we had a deal on the Kubota before he came, he showed me the track hoping I'd buy both, and now I don't know which way to go!!!!!

I have a TRX - Carlton - 140 HP - I am selling cheap . We are buying a new FECON Stump Cutter - for out TL 150 .

I wount need the trax machine any more . We also have another trx machine in the size you are looking at -- wouldn't buy another brand if I were you .

Hello Big Stumps...The ideal situation would to buy the SP4012 and the 7015TRX but money does not grow on trees and I understand your needs. I myself no longer have any use for tow behinds once the self propelled machines came out. If I were you I would keep the 1625, sell the tow behind and purchase the 7015TRX. Good Luck!

Here is a Picture of the Trx machine - I am looking for 33,500 out of it

That looks like the 60 horsepower machine we cut with. It was $43,000 with Sandvik and wireless remote. Still trying to decide what to do!

2005 Bought in 06 - 88 hours - 60 hp Deutz -- Telescopic Rubber tracks, STANDARD CUTTING WHEEL- Wireless remote.

We also have a Hurricane TRX 140 HP - 140 HP -- 100 HOurs - Pd 84,500
in 2006 - We need 60k

We also have a Hurricane TRX 140 HP - 140 HP -- 100 HOurs - Pd 84,500
in 2006 - We need 60k

Given you lost $240 an hour before you got out of bed and ground some stumps ,would it be safe to say its not wise to Buy Stumpgrinders New???
T:dizzy: hey seem to devalue quicker than new cars!!

Back