Kubota KX165 Should i or not ??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MOOSETRAX

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey folks, Am considering UG my 3 ton exc to a 5 or 6 ton, had a look at a Kubota Kx165(2012) but i was surprised it didnt have the pivot feature at the front arm, ie the arm doesnt swing left /right by itself so essentially you have to turn the cab around. Does this feature really help in many situations.? I personally have used it on my own machine in tight space where i cannot turn cab around. Is this feature a good add-on feature that may impact my resale. Should i just keep looking for the right machine.? Picture just for reference..

Attachments

• KX.jpg
    KX.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 0
Larger machines and older machines don't/won't have that. It's only a good feature if you use it regularly, other wise ita just a few more failure points. Smaller machines we'd rent for specific uses with the swing feature, but I have yet to find it useful in a 6 ton and up machine. The extra boom/knuckle kubota used to offer on the kx080 was much more useful. Sadly thats not offered in the US anymore.

I'd be wary if it has a dpf... those systems can be very expensive to fix if they have issues (probably due to a lot of agents having limited abilities & just hap hazardly throwing expensive parts at problems until they go away). YMMV... hopefully support is be better in your location

Hello,
The pivot feature on an excavator's front arm can be a useful addition, particularly in tight locations where flexibility is limited. It allows the arm to swing left and right without having to move the entire cab, increasing efficiency and versatility in a variety of work settings. Sometimes, the massive or used heavy equipment does not have this feature, however, the new ones are having this in-built in the equipment.
Similarly, the Kubota Kx165 (2012) misses this pivot capability, it is necessary to compare its other capabilities and features to your personal demands and preferences. When analyzing the machine's suitability for your projects, consider its general performance, condition, maintenance history, and pricing.
I hope it will help you in your query.

Latest posts

Back