Carlton Stumper Belts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sbusta

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering what drive belts others are using. Ive been running non genuine on the 8018 no problem but they over heat on the 7015 & cant source a non genuine belt for the hurricane.

Thanks Oly www.stumpbusters.co.nz yes I like the carlton TRX machines problem down here is parts. The dealer dosnt stock much I source most myself from the states I need a better quality belt & am just trying to get feed back on what others are using..

Hello Howel...I use to be strictly a Rayco buyer but Carlton offers wireless remote, sandvick wheel, and tracks. Rayco makes a good unit but I'm tired of being in the dirt and dust. Those swing out control panels are also a pain when trying to get into tight areas. After 25 years of stump grinding, my lungs are in real poor shape. I had a Rayco RG50 and traded it in on a RG50 super in 2008. I bought it because the Rayco dealer at the time was 5 miles down the road. They have since went out of business. The nearest Carlton dealer is in Chicago (1.5 hours away). I should have bought a SP7015 with wheels instead of the 50 super. I need a wheeled machine for 70 % of the work I do.

Remote is the way to go

Hello Howel...I use to be strictly a Rayco buyer but Carlton offers wireless remote, sandvick wheel, and tracks. Rayco makes a good unit but I'm tired of being in the dirt and dust. Those swing out control panels are also a pain when trying to get into tight areas. After 25 years of stump grinding, my lungs are in real poor shape. I had a Rayco RG50 and traded it in on a RG50 super in 2008. I bought it because the Rayco dealer at the time was 5 miles down the road. They have since went out of business. The nearest Carlton dealer is in Chicago (1.5 hours away). I should have bought a SP7015 with wheels instead of the 50 super. I need a wheeled machine for 70 % of the work I do.
Thanks oly for the info. Just got me a 7015 TRX a month ago and really like it. I still have my old 7015 44hp. wheeled machine [With remote] with 2000 hours. Hope to have enough business to run 2 machines at some point. If not i will have a back up when the trx is down for any repairs. I could not imagine grinding without a remote. Makes grinding fun. Love how the wireless remote draws a crowd when grinding. Sometimes guys are standing around watching transfixed. Kinda like going to Best Buy and seeing all the men hovering around the big screen Tvs.

On my SP4012 after the 1st belt I sourced a belt from Motion Industries - it didn't last at all.

Talked to my Carlton sales guy - he told me the one part I ought to buy from them is the V-Belt. It has Kevlar instead of Polyester and a different cover on it along with different rubber. Must be something to it - the factory belts last much longer.

On my SP4012 after the 1st belt I sourced a belt from Motion Industries - it didn't last at all.

Talked to my Carlton sales guy - he told me the one part I ought to buy from them is the V-Belt. It has Kevlar instead of Polyester and a different cover on it along with different rubber. Must be something to it - the factory belts last much longer.
Your exactly right about the carlton belts. They LAST and don't stretch and need constant tensioning. They only cost maybe $30 more than the aftermarket generic rubber belts. Also the sprockets last much longer[no slipping]

Thanks ArborquipSP Not available i NZ I have asked one of the dealers to source but they have not come back to me. It sounds like I should get some carlton belts shipped down.

Back