Caught 4 small feral hogs at a time, this morning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkim13

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Last year, I made a trap for wild hogs (feral hogs) because they were damaging my orchard and gardens so badly.
This morning, I caught 4 small feral hogs at a time, a total of 8 hogs ever since.
And still so many hogs I can see in the video.
It is happening in northern California.
Unbelievable...

make your self a squeeze chute,nut the boars keep them for a coupla months and do some fine dining. sows are easy just do not stress them out ,and take them out as freezer space becomes available. the way things are now I would be very hesitant to shoot them and just bury them. get the neighbors togerther and have a cleaning day .

You need to build a round pen with an automatic gate to try to catch the whole sounder in one shot
The installing a round pen with an automatic gate trap could be a matter of surrounding neighborhoods.

I don't think I can make it by myself.

I will contact all my neighbors to know what is going on for feral hogs around this area.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Problem with traps is the hogs learn quickly.

You will keep trapping the small ones, but they're not really the problem. The bigger ones will keep reproducing faster than you can trap them.

When you trap, you almost must use a very large trap and try to get 90% of the sounder in the first trap focusing on the large pigs. Otherwise, the larger pigs learn from it and will never go in that trap again.

My mom was scared of the hogs she made me buy her an air horn. And as luck would have it about 2 weeks after they showed up at her house a lady north of Houston got killed by wild hogs. Mom was freaked out for a while after that.

Grind it up and cut it with their porker cousins fat...mmmmmmmm
First time I tasted small wild pig ribs in my life.

Made instant bbq pot with broken cultivator disk,

Of course, I have a big BBQ grill and fire pot, not a personal pot...

The tasted.is better than expected with only sea salt.

Very tender and smells like a beacon after well done.

11.jpg
12.jpg
14.jpg

Back