Caught up on my splitting finally!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve NW WI

Unwanted Riff Raff.
Reaction score
About darned time - I've been looking at a pile of blocks all summer, waiting for a nice cool day to work them over. Today was a bit too warm yet, but I had the time, so I got-er-did.

Had about a 1/2 cord of boxelder yet down by the fire pit, along with a little fresh green red oak in the background. The truck is loaded for a trip over to a friend's house for bonfire wood.

attachment.php

Small stack of elm from this spring, with a chunk of pine that found it's way into the stack:

attachment.php

Main piles, mostly red oak, with some maple, elm, and cherry thrown in:

attachment.php

I'll have to stack it all tomorrow if I don't have too bad a case of the Bud Light Blues from the bonfire tonight.

Now I can sic the saws on some more wood without feeling guilty about having a bunch to split yet. Maybe next weekend will mark the start of wood season. In case you're wondering, this took maybe 4 hours working alone, with plenty of union breaks involved.

Looks good! Always nice to get through the last of the splitting. I almost feel guilty when I go cut knowing that there is 2 days worth of splitting at home.

I have about 2/3 of a cord left to split before I can say it's all split!

That's great! But now what are you going to do? JK, but when I run out of wood to split, I start to get restless. That guy named Doug who blocks up logs better get back to work!

That's great! But now what are you going to do? JK, but when I run out of wood to split, I start to get restless. That guy named Doug who blocks up logs better get back to work!

Same here. I have about 2-3 cord of locust on the 'to do' pile but I keep finding other things to do. I know that when that pile is finished I am pretty much out of fun stuff to occupy the time.

Still have a huge Willow to remove for a farmer...maybe Wednesday.

Harry K

Latest posts

Back