CCW while firewooding?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More misconceptions…

First of all Guido, it’s a fact that American gun owners, as a group (especially those that carry and/or members of the NRA), know more about the Constitution, it’s history, writing and ratification than most any other group in this country… and sadly, that includes members of congress. Yes, I’ve read it and studied its history… I own two printed copies of it that include all the amendments, one full size and one pocket size. I venomously defend it, all of it, not just the second amendment. I defend your right to choose not to go armed with the same vigilance that I defend the choice of others to go armed. It was not the Boston Tea Party that started the War Of Independence as many of us were taught in grade school, but rather the ignition of the war came when the British tried to disarm the colonists… the tradition of “owning and bearingpersonal arms is deeply rooted in the very core of this countries beginnings. The “owning and bearing” of personal arms is what made this country what it is, it is what allowed the expansion westward and defended this country in it’s earliest conflicts… to infringe upon the rights guaranteed by the second amendment is akin to burning the constitution. No other individual right protected by the Constitution or Bill Of Rights has played anywhere close to the role of making us what we are… and there are the facts.

And now I’ll go ahead and flame logbutcher… after all he did say, “Flame when ready”.
First, I’ve read very little boasting or bragging in this thread… a question was asked and answered, and answers (both sides) have been defended when attacked. Yours is typical of those who have been mass-trained by the military or law enforcement. Although that type of training is usually good for preparing the mental attitude, and teaching tactics, it does very little in the way of teaching marksmanship or “effective” use of a firearm. I’ve taught many people to hit tiny targets at ranges deemed impossible by them before, and by far the people with that sort of training history are the most difficult to teach… the refuse to give up the poor mechanics that type of training instills. And if, “the 1911, or 45 is a useful as male tits”, why is it that many of the special-ops type military groups, and law enforcement tactical type groups have gone back to the .45? If, as you say, “They went out decades ago in any serious use.”, does that mean those groups have no serious use for a weapon?

ppzzzzzzingg,,winner!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I have a fair grasp on what it says. I anyone finds the government and laws of this country to be unfair or oppressive, they always have the option of relocating. I do not see a mass exodus, but if someone is compelled to leave perhaps they should select a truly lawless country where they need to use their weapon daily in order to survive.

including laws that should have never got on the books,,like calis gun laws????? talk about infringement of rights....

A friend of mine just got out of the SEALS. His sidearm was a H&K .45!

REALLY now ? Try again with this. Get straight info first. Hk perhaps, never HK 45 in any S.O.:biggrin:
Will all those who can hit the side of a barn with a 45 kindly raise their hands ..........now. Damn, by the time you get that bag of iron out of your pants, the bad guys have you between the crotch; or, maybe somewhere that hurts.
45's were for the staff fools who never ever pulled a weapon.
....there is this bridge for sale Cheeves..........................:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

REALLY now ? Try again with this. Get straight info first. Hk perhaps, never HK 45 in any S.O.:biggrin:
Will all those who can hit the side of a barn with a 45 kindly raise their hands ..........now. Damn, by the time you get that bag of iron out of your pants, the bad guys have you between the crotch; or, maybe somewhere that hurts.
....there is this bridge for sale Cheeves..........................:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

You're cracked....pick a round, and lets go shoot plates. I'd be willing to bet my .45 will "humble" you if nothing more..........:msp_thumbup:

ETA...And let's not forget my bag of irons in .38 Super, or perhaps 9mm, or even 10mm.....your logic is a bit silly, at least in my opinion...;)

Last edited:
I'll go with you MNGuns... pre war 1911 that belongs to a buddy of mine... I can shoot good with it. It wouldn't be hard to draw. A Desert Eagle in .50 AE would be...

Then again, I will also challenge him again, when I get a Desert Eagle in .44 Magnum... suck on that. If I don't get the sights on target, I can still beat the #### out of it with 4+ pounds of heavy metal... there are fairly sharp edges on them things too...

I usually have this in the front seat when i go in the woods to cut. I take the scope off too.

An older Armalite.

attachment.php

I think I have a fair grasp on what it says. I anyone finds the government and laws of this country to be unfair or oppressive, they always have the option of relocating. I do not see a mass exodus, but if someone is compelled to leave perhaps they should select a truly lawless country where they need to use their weapon daily in order to survive.

Then again maybe you DON'T have a grasp at what it says....

Like the bible, or many other things, you either belive in ALL of it, or you just don't really belive.

You don't get to pick and choose what you want to support. You either support EVERY word of it, or you support none of it.

In order for the government to nulify our right to bear arms, an amendment MUST be passed to nulify the second amendment. Since one has NEVER been passed, ALL laws resticting the ownership/possetion of arms are NULL AND VOID.

And if you belive that tripe about moving to another country so as to justify carrying arms all the time, maybe YOU need to crawl from under that rock, in which you live under. OUR country is bad enough.

Maybe instead of suggesting a mass exodus, perhaps we should just follow the supreme law of the land. You know, the CONSTITUTION. Maybe you should read it sometime and take the time to understand it.

uuuuum, because you don't guns and you're a homo?

That's just about as accurate as the rest of your statements. Actually, I have a nice Browning safe full of guns, from my pre-'64 model 70's, Superposed and A5's to a few handguns. I've hunted every year since I was 12. Have to say I prefer my muzzleloader these days for big game so I'm not out during the same season as the rest of you yahoos who have to shoot up the countryside to prove your manliness. A homo? Wow, I haven't heard anybody use that term since junior high. Try a little harder next time, it won't hurt that much.

Then again maybe you DON'T have a grasp at what it says....

Like the bible, or many other things, you either belive in ALL of it, or you just don't really belive.

You don't get to pick and choose what you want to support. You either support EVERY word of it, or you support none of it.

In order for the government to nulify our right to bear arms, an amendment MUST be passed to nulify the second amendment. Since one has NEVER been passed, ALL laws resticting the ownership/possetion of arms are NULL AND VOID.

And if you belive that tripe about moving to another country so as to justify carrying arms all the time, maybe YOU need to crawl from under that rock, in which you live under. OUR country is bad enough.

Maybe instead of suggesting a mass exodus, perhaps we should just follow the supreme law of the land. You know, the CONSTITUTION. Maybe you should read it sometime and take the time to understand it.

So you really think its an abomination to eat shellfish, as is stated clearly in the bible?

logbutcher-
Man you better be checking your facts before you post... your credibility is falling into the toilet.
The HK .45 is in fact being used by special ops.

There you go again with the "ass" thing. Referrals for OCD may be possible. :rock:

As to credibility, well you need to do some serious research on S.O. Now. In fact, 45's have not been used for years: too bulky, too much movement on firing, no need for the size with development of damage ammo in better faster to use smaller calibers.

All who know, kindly raise your hands.:taped:

Apologies accepted.:jester:

SWMBO does say the same about my cred....but not into your toilet.

P.S. WTF #1 : is all this "mine is bigger than yours" fool stuff?
WTF #2: No one I know or served with who carrys or owns EVER brags or shows what they have.....NEVER. No need.

Last edited:
Think again logbutcher,
The .45 ACP is alive and well in the special ops community.

"Delta Force adopted the M1911a1 as it was the standard Army firearm at the time and it suited their needs. The stopping power of the .45 ACP round was thought to be superior to the 9mm rounds fired by more modern pistols. Early Delta counter terrorism teams used the the M3A1 Grease Gun, which was also chambered in .45 ACP and so could share ammunition between the two weapons.
It is believed that Delta gunsmiths modify the M1911a1, adding various improvements such as sights, grips, triggers and extended / double-stacked magazines.
Although Delta is thought to also use other pistols such as Glock 17s / 21s, the Colt M119a1 is still a popular item in the Delta armory."

"The MEU(SOC) pistol is a modified 1911 .45 ACP pistol developed for USMC special operations units such as Force Recon and MARSOC. USMC Force Recon units have been using the pistol since 1985."

"Used by US Navy SEALs, including SEAL Team 6 (DEVGRU), the HK45C (compact)/ HK45CT (compact tactical) is a compact pistol chambered in .45 ACP. The HK45CT features high profile front and rear sights and an extended threaded barrel which allows supressors to be fitted. The pistols are fed by 8 round magazines with the option of using extended magazines with a capacity of 10 rounds.
Naval Special Warfare Command reportedly ordered a number of LGD-645 infrared laser sights which fit over the trigger guards and attach to the MIL-STD-1913 (Picatinny) rail moulded into the pistol's polymer frame dust cover. The rail can also mount other accessories such as different laser pointers and white lights."

"Delta Force have reportedly been known to use the Glock 22, a full-size pistol chambered in .40 S&W. Delta have a history of preferring .45s such as the venerable 1911, however it's rumored that some operators switched to Glock 22s as they were deemed more reliable in the sandy conditions the unit tends to operate in these days. The Glock 22 has a magazine capacity of 15+1."

Last edited:
The MEU(SOC) pistol, officially designated the M-45 MEUSOC[5], is a magazine-fed, recoil-operated, single-action, semiautomatic pistol chambered for the .45 ACP cartridge. It is based on the original M1911 design by John Browning, and has been the standard-issue side arm for the Force Recon Element of the United States Marine Corps' Marine Expeditionary Units from 1985 to today. Its National Stock Number is 1005-01-370-7353.

The Heckler & Koch MK23 Mod 0 is a handgun consisting of a match grade semi-automatic pistol, a laser aiming module (LAM), and suppressor. It was adopted by the United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) for special operations units in the 1990s.
While the designation applies to the complete system, it's also commonly used in reference to the pistol component itself. The pistol itself, chambered for the .45 ACP cartridge, was developed by Heckler & Koch, and was selected over the Colt OHWS through USSOCOM's Offensive Handgun Weapon System (OHWS) program. The LAM and suppressor were developed by Insight Technology and Knight's Armament Company (KAC), respectively.

The Heckler & Koch HK45 (Heckler & Koch, .45 ACP) is a semi-automatic pistol designed by the German arms manufacturer Heckler & Koch.
Heckler & Koch also manufactures the HK45 Compact (HK45C), which has an 8 round magazine. The HK45C features the same improvements as the full-size HK45, but has a more conventional straight grip similar to Heckler & Koch's P2000. This design still allows the user to customize the grip size via interchangeable backstraps.
HK45C adopted by the United States Naval Special Warfare Command in September 2010.

Many military and law enforcement organizations in the United States and other countries continue to use (often modified) M1911A1 pistols including Marine Corps Special Operations Command, Los Angeles Police Department S.W.A.T. and L.A.P.D. S.I.S., the FBI Hostage Rescue Team, F.B.I. regional S.W.A.T. teams, and 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment—Delta (Delta Force). The Tacoma, Washington Police Department selected the Kimber Pro Carry II or Pro Carry II HD as optional, department supplied weapons available to its officers.

I do believe the toilet just flushed.
A simple Google search will bring up more information than you can read in a week... it ain't difficult to find creditably referenced material.

Last edited:

I can (hit the side of a barn with a .45). Multiple-time USN "Expert" qualification. With NO interim practice. No biggie.
Folks in the field prefer, I'm told, the old Browning .45 over the NATO-standard 9 mm, because of its stopping power. Maybe you didn't hear the story about why and how the M1911 was developed, for Huks.
Retracts hand. I thought ignorance was bliss.

Well Goodness, How big a barn we talkin about? Don't think i would ever wanna test your theory with a guy who is profecient with a 45. Those 45 slugs make some big holes. I have two colt 45's and can shoot them as well as the other calibers. It's not about who has the biggest gun, It's about who practices and who does not. Give me a 45 and lots of practice anyday over a 9mm with no practice.

Back