Cedar firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trx250r180

Saw polisher
Reaction score
Anyone burn the stuff ? I had a bunch of scraps from the mill ,and it seems to heat the shop pretty good ,it lasts longer than i thought it would actually ,thought it would burn up in a few minutes ,but am getting an hour between stocking the stove ,the btu's are nice in the uninsulated shop also .

I burned a bunch of eastern white cedar shingle scraps left over from siding an addition last year...burns great, basically just throw a match in the stove and its going:blob2:
I know its not like me to derail a thread:innocent:, but... are you changing your pic daily? im always like, who the phuck is that?:wtf:

I take ERC camping. It starts super easy, and burns quickly. Great for cooking/marshmallow/bullshitting fires as you don't usually have to worry about quenching, it will burn to ash in an hour or so. Probably not optimal for home heating, but would make excellent kindling.

I burned a bunch of eastern white cedar shingle scraps left over from siding an addition last year...burns great, basically just throw a match in the stove and its going:blob2:
I know its not like me to derail a thread:innocent:, but... are you changing your pic daily? im always like, who the phuck is that?:wtf:

I've burned ERC in the past, it lights fast and puts out good heat but burns quick. I love how it smells, burning or not. Not sure I would want to cook over a resinous softwood though...

if you want heat fast cedar is the way to go. need fir or hemlock for lasting heat. hardwoods are real nice for keeping the stove lit overnight. around here we have yew wood or crab apple and if you fill the stove up with that before bed you can sleep in and it'll still be burning by the time you get to load it again.

I burn a little at Christmas time because I love the smell and the flames have some pretty colors.
I don't know what type of ceder it is but it's the kind that has the deep red heart wood.
I love turning the stuff on my wood lathe. Turns like butter. Splits like butter as well.

Latest posts

Back