Central Boiler Classic - temp guage ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never got a response as to which model Dwyer controller model # is the correct one, but looks like the TCS is it. I see they make a temp sensor with low water cutoff, but dunno if it has a thermocouple-type controller (which is NOT really the correct description). Most/all low voltage transformers like these are rated in VA (volt-amps) vs. amps, just get equal to, or above the current rating.

"Never got a response as to which model Dwyer controller model # is the correct one, but looks like the TCS is it. I see they make a temp sensor with low water cutoff, but dunno if it has a thermocouple-type controller (which is NOT really the correct description). Most/all low voltage transformers like these are rated in VA (volt-amps) vs. amps, just get equal to, or above the current rating."

i stand corrected ...
by "controller" are you talking the LED?
i'm sure other models use a differant controls, but on mine and i'm quite sure jaberwky owb's the LED is just that, it reads the water temp.
the aquastat thermostat is what controls the damper.
i have no idea what the part numbers are for these parts.

I just replaced mine for my 6048 Central Boiler under warranty. It was a Dwyer TS2 model. It says what model it is on the top of the controller where the wires go into it.

transformers

If you have one of the small plug in transformers, go to walMart and by a little surge suppresor and plug it in ahead of the transformer, it will save the transformer a lot of the time and they are only about $3.50 or $4.

CB Model CL5036 Temp Controller or Something else?

Hello,

I am having an issue with my boiler, when I start it up the damper should open up but it doesn't, if I wait for a while it will open up and stay open for a little while but then close randomly and cause the fire to go out so I know its not overheating. Has anyone had this issue before and if not can anyone give me some advice as to what it might be?

take the cover off the boiler door and check if you have power to the solenoid, if there's power to it and the damper isn't open you need a new solenoid. could also be something obstructing the damper door like creosote or a bee nest or something.

Latest posts

Back