Central Boiler Owners

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fireman37 that is good performance.

I have the 5036, just installed this year. No water temp drop from boiler to house. My house was built in the 60's, under 1800 sq. ft. ranch style with big windows.

I burn 24 inch length oak in mine. It has been 0* out the last few days hardly no wind. I fill it full and in 12 hours I'll just have a hot glowing bed of coals.

If this keeps up I'll go thru about 9 full cord of wood this year.

Anthony

Fireman37 that is good performance.

I have the 5036, just installed this year. No water temp drop from boiler to house. My house was built in the 60's, under 1800 sq. ft. ranch style with big windows.

I burn 24 inch length oak in mine. It has been 0* out the last few days hardly no wind. I fill it full and in 12 hours I'll just have a hot glowing bed of coals.

If this keeps up I'll go thru about 9 full cord of wood this year.

Anthony

that's how much I went thru last year....was unprepared.

The hard reality is that heating exclusively with an OWB is going to keep you busy logging for a measurable time each year. It is literally impossible for most of us to collect too much wood :)

I consider this a good thing - it gives me a full-proof excuse for spending time in the woods "for the good of the family".

that's how much I went thru last year....was unprepared.

I'm sort-of a year ahead. I have cut already 10 full cord and stored in my pole building for the start of next year, hopefully I don't have to dip into it. I started this year with a full 12 cord, that was cut last year. It's looking like I'll use 9 full cord with the way the weather has been here in Wisconsin.

Yeah...had about 5 cords or so ready last year, thought I'd burn around 6..that's why my buds who had been running OWB's for awhile laughed at me...I was out in Jan./Feb. in all kinds of weather every weekend just trying to keep up...no more of that tho.

I have a e-classic 2300 and love it. This is the second year and zero problems other than human error. I used about 22 face cord for heat and hot water ,with about half of a wheel barrel of ashes for the whole season last year.I heat about 2000 sq ft. Its more money and less smoke.the only down side is you need to use seasoned wood. If you treat this like a regular woodstove (using no pine and using seasoned hardwood) you will be amazed.

ive DONE that cutting wood every weekend thing also..and some evenings even, cutting green trees and stuffing them in the OWB before they touch the ground.

that can get tiring and dangerous.

but for the first time ever, i have my wood for this year cut, split and stacked, and will start cutting for next year this weekend..

barkeater

Back