Chain Cuts to the right side

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's nothing wrong with the saw. If you look at the first log pics, all of those cuts are straight, and I see decent chips.
I have seen this before. Huskies tend to be narrower, have an angled handle, and smaller dogs than other brands, and it is very easy to start your cut a little off plumb, which is magnified on a larger round.

BuT if the cut was straight the new bar wouldn't be missing so much paint.

It's been a while since the lasts posts from the op, how is the saw cutting now?

You said that you could wiggle the chain side to side on the bar? Do you check the rakers with a depth gauge? After every time you file your chain. Looking at the pics some of them look a little high to me. If the saw cuts to the right It means that the right is the sharper side of the chain and to look at the cutters on the other side of the chain. Improper raker hights could cause a chain to cut to one side.

I don't usually get into these saw issues, I'm more into trees. However I've been running saws for almost 40 years. Picked up a 550xp last summer to replace a tired 357. This 550 is the most sensitive cutting machine I've ever used. The slightest difference between the right and left teeth throws the cut. It's not forgiving at all. I free hand sharpen and even with my experience I had to adjust the edge more than once to get a straight cut. It's almost to the point I'm considering changing out the bar, chain, and sprocket to another gage.

Latest posts

Back