chain for old homelite

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chugbug

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Trying to get an order together for baileys , I need a chain for my old homelite super ez . Doesn't it seem crazy that this saw came with oregon 72D 3/8 chain.The ez is only a 40ccc saw !!! It seems weird that a 40cc saw came with 3/8 chain and the 346xp has .325 , is it because of the higher RPMS of the 346 ??? :givebeer::

Are you getting a bar for it too? The reason I ask is the original Homelite 16" bar used a chain with 59 drive links.

The replacement bar they sell you today is actually a small mount Husqvarna mount and it uses a 60 drive link chain.

That 40cc, reed valve, high compression Super E-Z can pull a 3/8's chain just fine.

The chain that I'm replacing has 60 drive links , so I just went buy that .I'm not replacing the bar .

It can pull the 3/8 better than a 346xp !!

So if that little 40cc saw comes factory with 3/8 chain why is husky running .325 on a 50.1 cc saw ?? Must be a good reason ??

Properly set up, the SEZ really runs well. It will surprise you.

I have a project SEZ that I am going to run 325 NK on a 13" bar with an 8T just for the heck of it.

I always take mine firewood cutting.

They are great saws, cant kill'em, loud,and heavy.....

Other than my little Sears, my SEZ is the lightest saw I own...and probably the quietest. :)

I have thought about throwing .325 NK on mine, but never have done it. Maybe one of these days I'll get around to it.

Latest posts

Back