Chain kind

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm no racer, not at all, but if you don't think a well setup chain (not even a race chain) will cover the gap between a worked 346 and a stock 5100-S then you're kidding yourself. The 5100-S is no slouch for a stock saw.
With the same chains in the same wood one of Brad's 346's will smoke a stock5100-S.
Chain setup makes a MASSIVE difference on even just a work saw, that'll own when racing. Just by changing a few angles and dropping the rakers a bit I've had Carlton/Stihl Semi Chisel give out of the box RSC or LGX an absolute hiding. This is even more noticable on ported saws :cheers:

I'm no racer, not at all, but if you don't think a well setup chain (not even a race chain) will cover the gap between a worked 346 and a stock 5100-S then you're kidding yourself. The 5100-S is no slouch for a stock saw.
With the same chains in the same wood one of Brad's 346's will smoke a stock5100-S.
Chain setup makes a MASSIVE difference on even just a work saw, that'll own when racing. Just by changing a few angles and dropping the rakers a bit I've had Carlton/Stihl Semi Chisel give out of the box RSC or LGX an absolute hiding. This is even more noticable on ported saws :cheers:

So you think that the stock 5100 was running a better chain?
Woodyman could you chime in and give us some details on the tie.

So you think that the stock 5100 was running a better chain?
Woodyman could you chime in and give us some details on the tie.

I'm sure the 5100-S would be running a better/faster chain. Like I mentioned, the 5100-S is no slouch but it's not gonna knock off a modded 346XP all things being equal.

Latest posts

Back