chain prices

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STEVEGODSEYJR

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
:cry:
I stopped by the local hardware store to get some chains for the 441/ 25" saw and I just about **** in my pants when I saw the prices. They are a stihl dealer and the .375 .050 84 dl chain I needed was $34.00 a piece:msp_confused:. I couldn't believe it!! The 36" .404 chain was $48.00. Guess I will call Baileys and get more from them. The woodland pros aren't bad but they aren't a stihl chain either.

Steve

Steve, I have been using "Woodland Pro" from Baileys for years.Great chain for the price.Last order was for 4-RC28 .58 325 something. Anyway this is a good chain. my 51, 445 Huskys. Good size chips for a 325, Ken

sorry guys, i messed up
thats the wrong price
got a real ass chewing from the boss lady
chain is .26 cents per drive

I'll have to find a ticket but I think I paid around 22.00-23.00 for the chain you were quoted 34.00 on. My dealer gives me a 15% discount he runs specials all the time on Stihl chain to everyone at a 1.00 a bar inch, logger's and commercial users all get the discount based on the volume of chain they buy.

Check flea bay for NOS Stihl RS chain. I just picked up a couple of loops of 20" 3/8" 050 for $16/loop plus shipping.

Wife said our resent windstorm has one of our Birch trees leaning at 45 deg so I ordered it none to soon as I'll have some cutting to do when I get back from my business trip. :blob2:

$22.99 + taxes here form the new Stihl dealer. The old one wanted $1 bar inch plus $5 to loop it!!

:cry:
I stopped by the local hardware store to get some chains for the 441/ 25" saw and I just about **** in my pants when I saw the prices. They are a stihl dealer and the .375 .050 84 dl chain I needed was $34.00 a piece:msp_confused:. I couldn't believe it!! The 36" .404 chain was $48.00. Guess I will call Baileys and get more from them. The woodland pros aren't bad but they aren't a stihl chain either.

Steve

That's pretty steep!! Maybe Gillmans is trying to retire early!! LOL

I have found eBay to be a great source for Stihl chains...you just have to be patient..!!

Definitely under $20 and $5 shipping on up to 4 chains.

The Stihl dealers can do this because there's NO warranty involved..soo...Stihl Co. can't catch them..!!

You can also buy spark plugs..chaps..bars..drive sprockets...etc. - as again..there's NO warranty involved..!!

Been doing business with a Stihl dealer in TN. for years...No problems for either of us..!!
:cheers:
J2F

I pay $1 an inch for 3/8 Stihl or Carlton. If I have to have one spun, no charge. My dealer has been VERY good to me, and when I have some extra parts at the shop, or something I think they will need I try to take care of them. Same for one of the other shops I do business with. Cant have too many friends, or contacts in this industry!

Local Stihl dealer quoted me $1 a dl the other day. At least its easy math to do in your head :hmm3grin2orange:

One stihl dealer that's the kubota dealer is $43 for a 24" loop of RSC. The co op is $28 for a 24" RSK. Last loop I made up of stihl RSLK cost me around $16 or real close to that. I buy chain in bulk and make what I need. I figure one roll paid for the breaker and spinner easily at those prices.

Twice a year my local Stihl dealers have buy 2 get one free, next month is one of those times, need 2 25's and a 20...check with your local's!:rock:

Back