Chain Quality - Oregon vs. Husky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GLOBOTREE

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Is Oregon good stuff? Does Oregon make Husky chains?
I have read and heard yes and no to both.
If Oregon makes a quality chain, then it makes sense for me to use it. They are $16 around here while Husky is $25. For size 3/8 .050 72 20"

Husky chain appears to be Oregon to me. In either case, the Oregon at a cheaper price makes more sense, as they make a fine chain.

By now, Oregon makes all the chain sold with Husky and Jred labels. The chain are exactly the same, except they are stamped with different model numbers.
A couple of examples; 95VP=H30=S30, 73LP=H42=S42.

Over here they usually cost about the same in Oregon and Husky boxes, less in Jred ones.

Believe it or not, but I pay half as much for a Stihl 36RSC, compared to an Oregon 75LP. :blob5:
Suggested retail is about the same though.

I know some loggers that like to run Stihl chains on their Husky saws. They don't like the anti-kickback chains of Husky.

woodsman said:
I know some loggers that like to run Stihl chains on their Husky saws. They don't like the anti-kickback chains of Husky.
Husky have chain that is not anti kickback. it is a question of what the dealers in the given area stock.

Anyway, I don't think the ramped tie straps that is present on most Husky and Jred labelled chain impedes much with cutting performance, if at all.
In fact Stihl has recently introduced a similar design on the RSC3 chain, and I am pretty sure that there will be more......

Last edited:
My husky 350 came with a oregon chain right on it........... Here the chains are the same price so i just get what ever i feel like..........

Fish said:
Sawtroll, you pay twice as much for Oregon chain? mmmmmmn....
Yes, or what really is the case is that my Stihl dealer sell the chain at a "non-profit" price - probably in order to attract other business (which it does). :)

At other dealers in my area, Stihl chain cost about the same as Oregon.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back