Chain sharpener pferd chain sharp CXs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dewaldf.carstens

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi all, has any got any experience with these products? Seems good with filing teeth and depth guide? I am looking for something to do 2x chainsaws and processor chain daily.

Sent from my SM-J700H using Tapatalk

I love them! The nicest thing about them is that they take the rakers down at the same time and all of them are the same height.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

I love them! The nicest thing about them is that they take the rakers down at the same time and all of them are the same height.

So I would assume they are quite accurate? Good tool all in all?

I would say they are definitely worth the money! I have a set, a buddy of mine who does Tree Service as well, has a set and I've convinced several other people to get them as well.

I would say they are definitely worth the money! I have a set, a buddy of mine who does Tree Service as well, has a set and I've convinced several other people to get them as well.

They only thing I don't understand is for a 3/8 chain they recommend the 5.16mm unit, but Oregon recommend 5.5mm file, same as .404? How much difference would it make if you use the 5.5 instead of the 5.16mm? Husky saws.

Having made that mistake already the spacing of the bars that lay on top of the cutters is different. The 404 is too wide for the 3/8. Get the smaller one marked for 3/8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having made that mistake already the spacing of the bars that lay on top of the cutters is different. The 404 is too wide for the 3/8. Get the smaller one marked for 3/8.

Yes I have that one already, but we only get the 5.5mm file local, otherwise I need to get the 5.16mm from Pferd in Cape Town.

Also, then I need to get another one for the .404 chain that I will install later the week on the processor?

The larger file doesn't fit into the holder unless you ream the plastic to make room.

The larger file doesn't fit into the holder unless you ream the plastic to make room.

No, went in a little tight, but once in it is almost as loose.

Latest posts

Back