Chain sharpener

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MO-Iron

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have a Foley-Belsaw 1055 sharp-all sitting in the shop that is seldom used.
I am thinking about ordering the chain grinding attachment and would like to know the pros and cons of this setup.
Thanks in advance for your advice!

Did you get the attachment. I have a 1055 also. It has part of the chain saw sharpener attachment with it. I am wondering the same if the 1055 is worth setting up to do chain saw chains.

Did you get the attachment. I have a 1055 also. It has part of the chain saw sharpener attachment with it. I am wondering the same if the 1055 is worth setting up to do chain saw chains.

86 posts and that thread is from 2008. You're probably not getting a response from him...

86 posts and that thread is from 2008. You're probably not getting a response from him...

He is still posting, he just doesn't post alot. The most recent was from this spring and he may be subscribed to the thread.

I just bought the 300 and the 510 this week both are cutting chain daily so no
There is a 300 in EBAY right now bidding is at $152.00 last time I looked. search "Silvey"
I was going to spend lot more but for $500.00 got the 300 and 510 with new motors and about a dozen wheels. also got a sharpening lesson from the previous owner he is a Stihl dealer. while I was there also tried the Stihl and the Oregon 511AX and the Silveys I liked a lot better.:clap::clap::clap:

n3
Do have a old Silvey laying around your not using? That you will sell cheap? I don't see them for sale in my area.

I'm still here!
Soon after I made my original post, a local cabinet maker made me an offer that I couldn't refuse. The money from the Bellsaw bought me a nice 511AX.

MO-Iron

I just bought the 300 and the 510 this week both are cutting chain daily so no
There is a 300 in EBAY right now bidding is at $152.00 last time I looked. search "Silvey"
I was going to spend lot more but for $500.00 got the 300 and 510 with new motors and about a dozen wheels. also got a sharpening lesson from the previous owner he is a Stihl dealer. while I was there also tried the Stihl and the Oregon 511AX and the Silveys I liked a lot better.:clap::clap::clap:

n3

I just bought an OLD Silvey from Mdavlee that's a grinding SOB... Reversible and heavy built...
1st couple chains I ran through it cut straight and true... And I have no Idea how to properly operate it yet, so that's a good sign...

Oh, and MoIron is just a fellow of few words... Unless you're talking to him in person...
HAHAHA!!!!!

I just bought an OLD Silvey from Mdavlee that's a grinding SOB... Reversible and heavy built...
1st couple chains I ran through it cut straight and true... And I have no Idea how to properly operate it yet, so that's a good sign...

Oh, and MoIron is just a fellow of few words... Unless you're talking to him in person...
HAHAHA!!!!!

I remember the times that IF you were talking to him in person, it would have to be few words........... :)

Latest posts

Back