Chainbrake dolmar 133

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kidneycutter

Kidneycutter
Reaction score
im trying to restore an old dolmar 133 which came to me as a box of bits. As I’m going through the saw im starting to find more missing or broken bits. The latest is the brake band is broken. The two ends are intact but the middle part is missing. I can’t find any replacem3nts and the top mechanism seems to be part of the band.
my question is has anyone tried to fabricate a band out of spring steel, I ve tried this on recoil but the bends always become brittle where I haven’t tempered properly.

im trying to restore an old dolmar 133 which came to me as a box of bits. As I’m going through the saw im starting to find more missing or broken bits. The latest is the brake band is broken. The two ends are intact but the middle part is missing. I can’t find any replacem3nts and the top mechanism seems to be part of the band.
my question is has anyone tried to fabricate a band out of spring steel, I ve tried this on recoil but the bends always become brittle where I haven’t tempered properly.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283606241236

Just search eBay. I just bought one for mine.
There are some fellows out there that make really nice aftermarket ones too. I have bought two of those and they work great. Expect to pay around $25-$30.

Latest posts

Back