Chainsaw 2 Cycle Oil Poll

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite Chainsaw 2 Cycle Oil

• Echo Gold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Echo Red Armor

Votes: 27 35.5%
  • Husqvarna XP+

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Husqvarna HP

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Amsoil Dominator

Votes: 10 13.2%
  • Amsoil Saber

Votes: 15 19.7%
  • VP

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Stihl HP Ultra (Silver)

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • Stihl High Performance (Orange)

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Lucas

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I knew a guy that ran ATF fluid in his dirt bike just because he had some that was free. It ran and didn't blow up. I don't recommend this but just saying.
There’s roller bearings in transmissions so I don’t see why it wouldn’t work in a pinch. Probably cleaned the carbon off the piston

Walmart calls 'em "Socket Wrench" sets, so what are you being so judgmental about?
https://www.walmart.com/c/kp/socket-wrench-sets

WTF else could they possibly be called?

"Tangential cylindrical Whitworth spanners" for our friends across the pond?
dizzy.gif

2675660a0499f79e070210020fae367b.jpg

This thread brings it!

Around here, we just say "socket". And everyone knows when we are talking about
Same here. The "socket" is the cylindrical piece that attaches to the ratchet handle, and a "socket wrench" is the complete assembly. WTF do they call them in Cheboygan, eh?

mckenzies.jpg

Ratchet, socket, slip-joints, robertson.

You guys don't know robertson. Unfortunately. Cause we get stuck with philips and torq rubbish fasteners up here because Henry wouldn't pay Robertson

Pet peeve of mine..
I know what a Robertson bit is and it is superior to the philips head.

Ratchet, socket, slip-joints, robertson.

You guys don't know robertson. Unfortunately. Cause we get stuck with philips and torx rubbish fasteners up here because Henry wouldn't pay Robertson

Pet peeve of mine..
Something bad needed to happen to Philip long before he had the chance to invent a screw head. Torx is pretty awesome in comparison

Something bad needed to happen to Philip long before he had the chance to invent a screw head. Torx is pretty awesome in comparison

Philips is hugely better than straight blade, so I definitely understand why it took over back in the day. At this point, with so many other good options out there, I have no idea why it's STILL so popular.

Philips is hugely better than straight blade, so I definitely understand why it took over back in the day. At this point, with so many other good options out there, I have no idea why it's STILL so popular.
I can think of a couple reasons. First, inertia. And a better reason, a single #2 Phillips is the proper driver for #5 thru #12 machine screws and will work in a pinch on larger.

Seems to me that the dislike of Phillips screws would be better directed at crappy/abused drivers and the mixing up of Phillips, Reed & Prince, and JIS tools and fasteners.

Latest posts

Back