Chainsaw 2 Cycle Oil Poll

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite Chainsaw 2 Cycle Oil

• Echo Gold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Echo Red Armor

Votes: 27 35.5%
  • Husqvarna XP+

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Husqvarna HP

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Amsoil Dominator

Votes: 10 13.2%
  • Amsoil Saber

Votes: 15 19.7%
  • VP

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Stihl HP Ultra (Silver)

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • Stihl High Performance (Orange)

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Lucas

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I choose the oil that looks best when mixed.
I like the cool blue color.
Sometimes I pour it out on the ground just to see the pretty colors as the sun shines through it - I wait for a good sunny day, near noon.
Occasionally I put it in the saw.
As silly as is may seem, the colour and smell are really all that’s important as MOST 2t oils preform fairly similarly.

Colour so it contrasts with whatever Jerry can colour you’re using for quick identification and smell to avoid headaches.

As silly as is may seem, the colour and smell are really all that’s important as MOST 2t oils preform fairly similarly.

Colour so it contrasts with whatever Jerry can colour you’re using for quick identification and smell to avoid headaches.
With strato charging and AT/MT my two cycle stuff doesn't smell any different than my Honda Lawnmower for the most part.
Boat oils do stink in traditional 2 strokes. This is because they use amines for disperaents, and anyone that's worked around amines can attest that they indeed are very stinky.

This stuff. It’s what I grew up with, and for most of my life I wasn’t aware there was anything else available. Then I found oil threads. Ignorance was bliss. Back before I learned about JASO ratings. Back before Ultra was the best stuff ever and then the worst stuff ever made. I would happily go back to using this stuff right now if I could.

Attachments

• IMG_0300.jpeg
    IMG_0300.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
I would liked to have used a more complete list of oils on the poll, unfortunately this forum only allows 10 choices on a poll, that's why I stated if your prefered oil is not on the list to type it at the beginning of a reply to be counted in the poll results thread. Not perfect, but it was the best way I could come up with doing this poll.

Ultimate oil thread activity to get around the 10-item poll limit:

Fill out a set of brackets, like NCAA basketball tournament.

Hold multiple polls for 10 oils each.
Top 2 in each poll moves on to the next poll.

Start with brackets of, say, about 642 oils, and pare it down that way.

If your vote makes it to the semi-finals you get a prize.

Flame flame, flame away!

Ultimate oil thread activity to get around the 10-item poll limit:

Fill out a set of brackets, like NCAA basketball tournament.

Hold multiple polls for 10 oils each.
Top 2 in each poll moves on to the next poll.

Start with brackets of, say, about 642 oils, and pare it down that way.

If your vote makes it to the semi-finals you get a prize.

Flame flame, flame away!
Go for it man! The way folks love oil threads on this forum, some members might be looking near Frankfort Kentucky for one Farmer_Nate.

Seems that the pole is closed, so i couldn`t vote.

RED ARMOR gas and RED ARMOR oil, for my Echo saws and weed trimmer. I don`t use my saws much these days like i use to, but my early 1980`s Echo weed trimmer is still running perfect after decades of use EVERY summer, and it has yet to quit, nore has it ever failed to run. Echo must be doing something right.

I think it's very regional and dont give a true account of what oil is used. Depends on si much like availability, price, how people on youtube influence others (not that anyone is brainwashed of course) and how good the product marketing is. Take Stihl top oil for instance, they use it in their moto mix fuel, it cant be a rubbish oil like some make out but only rated jaso FB oh this may cause a stir but going back years in fact early 80's all we used was oregon two stroke oil and never any problems at 50-1🤷‍♂️

Back