Chainsaw Advice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are only pulling a saw out "once a year" you're not going to get good service from it unless you drain ALL the fuel out and run the engine till it sucks all the fuel out of the carb.

IF you put it up wet, it woln't matter how much Stabil or Sea Foam you put in the fuel, nor will it matter if it's a homeowner Poulan or $800-1000 Stihl Pro saw, it's going to give you troubles......IMHO.......

What do you think of dewalt 60v chainsaw should i buy? I heard the runtime is low due to its batteries.

View attachment 880117
I have its smaller counterpart and cant say enough how much I like it for small jobs. Runtime will be largely dependent on size of battery (s) and how big if a charger you get for it they make an 8amp fast charger that keeps the charge times down reasonably. There was several video m/ you tube reviews on the forum recently comparing the dewalt to other models. If you have power tools that take the same battery it would make sense to purchase, especially if your saw needs are truly limited in use and scope.

Back