Chainsaw carving?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a customer who just picked it up and she is pretty good for just learning.

She tried some ash and had terrible results as one would expect. I gave her some Hemlock and she seemed to like that. Any suggestions on the best species suitable for carving?

Newfie said:
I have a customer who just picked it up and she is pretty good for just learning.

She tried some ash and had terrible results as one would expect. I gave her some Hemlock and she seemed to like that. Any suggestions on the best species suitable for carving?
Most people here prefer white pine or cedar,I did a yard carving a few years back that was red oak and I liked it,just stinks.We have been hearing more and more about women getting involved-glad they are!

Thanks for the info Mark. I recommended white pine as well but she wanted to try the hemlock first. Who was I to say otherwise, she knows more about it than me.

I need that step by step section. My first attempt at a bear carving looked like a tail-less rat with mange that was beaten with a shovel.

I am in awe of the skill that chainsaw carvers have!:jawdrop: Sometimes i have trouble bucking a log straight!:greenchainsaw: (hey, that saw looks like my PM 610)

Back