Chainsaw chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am going to be getting a 100' roll of chain and a few weeks ago I had a poll asking what was the best roll to get. Hands down everyone said Stihl, then Woodland Pro and Oregon were tie.

At Bailey's a roll of Woodland Pro chain is $220, and Oregon is $270. I called my dealer and he said a roll of Stihl chain was $425, I called 4 other dealers and they quoted me all the way from $425-510. I like Stihl chain alot, but by the time I buy the breaker and spinner I can cheaper get the chain as I need it from my dealer. For the price of one roll of Stihl chain I can get 2 rolls from Baileys.

Do you find the bailys chain "woodsman" hard to hand file? I seems like it is harder then stihl or oregon chain.

YES! and I didnt like it at first. I use it the most now because of the price! But it is :censored: on files! You have to change files alot more than with the other 2 chains, at least thats what I have found.

Latest posts

Back