Chainsaw flywheel switching polarity of magnets?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the Briggs mount the coil upside down.
Kash
I will assume you mean front to back instead of upside down. It won't mount otherwise. The coil armature must still face the flywheel.
The early engines are N-S-N and late are S-N-S.
I'll offer this to the Simple tractor forum as this advice has never been offered in the many years I have been a member. The factory no longer regausses/repolarizes flywheel for the public. I will end up makeing my own B&S flywheel gausser armature and do them my self. I have/own several engines to do.

Saw a video last night of someone “referencing “ another video about someone removing a flywheel the tooless way, hammering it off with a hammer and punch. Said it somehow reversed the polarity of the magnets.
Can this actually happen? Believe this was a saw that had points if that makes a difference. Thanks
Wow, sounds impossible. Maybe he just came back from a snipe hunt, while camping.

Wow, sounds impossible. Maybe he just came back from a snipe hunt, while camping.
Yep we used to take flywheels of with a plastic hammer, doesn't sound good for the bearings. In the lab we did not apply 24 Ft Lb. I just drilled new 1/4 in holes in one of my pullers for the 5mm screws on the MS391 and pulled the flywheel.

To answer the op. Yes..magnets can be destroyed by being hit or with heat. Either method disorients the magnetic lines of flux that creates the magnetism.

Latest posts

Back