chainsaw posthole auger help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

havvey

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
hello: in the past posthole augers were common attachments to saws was wondering if it can or has been done to modern saws post 1980,s? would save me from moving a tractor digger to small jobs. I have seen the ice augers and the type that is used for land some had a briggs engine :yoyo:

Echo had one in the early 70's that fit on a CS-302, it worked good for small round posts. My dad still has it and i can't get it off of him. Northern Tools has some on their website...Bob

Most companies built them, I have a Mac for the two man saws. Stihl built them for the 08 and 041. As for current Stihl went to a different design in the US but the 08 is still made in South America.

Bill

I bought a one man hole auger from Rural King farm supply store. It has a small two cycle Tecumseh motor. It works great and is easy to use. It will punch 6"X2' hole in about 30 seconds. It is called the Earth Quake auger. I got mine on sale for 235.00$. It was money well spent. I will never dig another hole by hand.

Latest posts

Back