Chainsaw Races Grantsburg Fair. Aug 24th 2013

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man... You guys are brutal...
The new guy testing gauntlet!!!
:msp_wink:

Yeah that was a bit harsh. All honesty the 261 Moody sent up did seem to run good, its just gonna be hard to compete at these events with saws built by guys with ALOT of saw building experience. Lots of Treemonkey saws up here and Scott has a ton of knowledge and can make a real strong fast saw. Also quite a few Mastermind saws that are real strong, heck even Adam and Derrick are getting pretty good at making there saws fast. I myself am still pretty new to the whole modded saws thing but I have dabbled in one saw with a grinder and it runs pretty fair. All I can truly say to Moody is to keep at it, experience will come in time.

It's not harsh honestly I kind of expected it. I didn't have a doubt that saw would lose that class it was more of a gauge for me to see it next to other stuff. That was the first 261 I've done and I used my own numbers and I got the gains I was looking for. 34% faster than stock was a nice start on a model I'm not familiar with. I did have hopes the saw would make fewer people think of me as a joke. But hey at the end of the day saws are fun and should always be fun for everyone. Winning races will become more important when I build a saw to race. I appreciate you guys running the saw and taking videos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah that was a bit harsh. All honesty the 261 Moody sent up did seem to run good, its just gonna be hard to compete at these events with saws built by guys with ALOT of saw building experience. Lots of Treemonkey saws up here and Scott has a ton of knowledge and can make a real strong fast saw. Also quite a few Mastermind saws that are real strong, heck even Adam and Derrick are getting pretty good at making there saws fast. I myself am still pretty new to the whole modded saws thing but I have dabbled in one saw with a grinder and it runs pretty fair. All I can truly say to Moody is to keep at it, experience will come in time.

Yup... It's a pretty tall order to have the fastest 55 and under cc saw in Burnett county...
:msp_wink:
Or any other size for that matter...
It's something to aspire to...

I haven't heard from Derek... He needs to explain how he didn't win that 75cc class...
I think he had the yipps...
And Adam has a freak stock JRed I ran...
I think them there mud ducks are on to something up there...:msp_thumbsup:

Watched that video too many times already. Those saws are so close. I just couldn't get it together!!!!

Duane (5R-inc) & Derrick (Derrick Johnson)
attachment.php

I just love this pic with the chips flying everywhere

It's not harsh honestly I kind of expected it. I didn't have a doubt that saw would lose that class it was more of a gauge for me to see it next to other stuff. That was the first 261 I've done and I used my own numbers and I got the gains I was looking for. 34% faster than stock was a nice start on a model I'm not familiar with. I did have hopes the saw would make fewer people think of me as a joke. But hey at the end of the day saws are fun and should always be fun for everyone. Winning races will become more important when I build a saw to race. I appreciate you guys running the saw and taking videos.

I got to run the 261 for a few cuts and got to run against it. Saw seemed to cut well, should be a good work saw. Next time you should send a 350 or similar, that would get a good comparison up here.

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk 2

I haven't heard from Derek... He needs to explain how he didn't win that 75cc class...
I think he had the yipps...
And Adam has a freak stock JRed I ran...
I think them there mud ducks are on to something up there...:msp_thumbsup:

Stock 930 can buck logs all day with the best of them........if your ballsy enough to carry it all day. Matt definately gets the smooooothest saw award with that 562. Things shweet!!

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk 2

I am still getting some requests for t-shirts for the redneck saw racers. What interest is there on this site for shirts? I am not going to order for one or two but I would order for a small bunch. $12 for AS members & I can ship pert much anywhere in the lower 48 for about $3. ( that shipping covers @ least 2 shirts)

It was good to see you again Bob, I didnt recognize you rite away so when you said you knew me I didn't know if I should go for my gun or what.
We'll have to catch up sometime. Was your dads sawmill east of luck perchance, I Usta cut railroad tie logs for Jesse Petersons mill over there in the early 60s

John

The sawmill was in Ridgeland, WI. He sold it in about 1971 and we moved to Barron WI. Yup John, you are the same guy that lived up the road! LOL

Super44 - So glad you were able to come out! Also - glad you got pics of Kevin & Old guy! I was a bit light on my photography this weekend!

Your pics look good and it helps to have names with the faces. My pics got out of order on Photobucket and I did not realize it until I had already posted them. I'm having a running battle with Photobucket since they forced an "upgrade" on it's customers.

I'm with ya on that one. Football is going to be lots of fun in this heat.

I look back on those summer football training camps with gratitude...
That I don't have to do them any more...
But it's payment for the opportunity to get the bumps and bruises on Friday nights...:rock:

This is what I love...
The cookie's haven't even dropped yet, and the taunting has already begun!!!

L26_10849DSCN9788.jpg

Priceless!!!!!
:laugh::laugh:

I took a ride on the motorcycle over to Escanaba Michigan. Met up with some friends over there. On my way over I stopped in Stanley WI. Kinda north of treemonkeys a bit. I was at the McDonalds and got my order. When I turned around to go sit in the booth there was 4 old codgers that had been drinking coffee all busting up laughing. I was wearing my Redneck saw racers shirt. One old guy seen my Kunz woodworking hat I was wearing and asked how they were doing down there and if the mill was set up yet. Had a good time talking with the old farts.

Latest posts

Back