Chainsaw rental

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kctme

Reaction score
Hi there,
Does anybody know any place in Southern California (Orange County) that I can rent a 36" chainsaw?

Thank you in advance!
Kctme

HiOctane,

That is just the link to Husqvarna site. I didn't see any renting information. Did you mean I should buy one?

Kctme

kctme said:
HiOctane,

That is just the link to Husqvarna site. I didn't see any renting information. Did you mean I should buy one?

Kctme
You can check retailers close to your place,should find one that rent in those retailers.If nobody is renting,maybe they can give you a rental place name.Did u check yellow pages.

I second the suggestion that you check with a dealer. They have a greater interest in renting you a good, working saw than the average rental shop does. And even if they don't rent saws, they will know someone who does and will be likely to suggest someplace decent, lest their reputation be harmed in the process...

Am I the only person here who is sceptical that anyone should be able to rent a saw with a 36" bar? This sounds like a bucked off foot just waiting to happen.

Russ

jokers said:
Am I the only person here who is sceptical that anyone should be able to rent a saw with a 36" bar? This sounds like a bucked off foot just waiting to happen.

Russ
You could be right ,36" rental is not frquent i guess,but he is in SoCal,they got big tree there,maybe he can find one with extra $$.

????

jokers said:

That was my thought. Who needs to rent a 36" saw that doesn't already have one?

Blowdown1 said:
That was my thought. Who needs to rent a 36" saw that doesn't already have one?

Or maybe who is properly qualified to rent a saw w/ a 36" bar that doesn't already have one or know where to get one.

Skeptical is one thing, but come on, y'all! I can think of lots of instances where someone might want to rent a 36" saw. Heck, I might even want to rent one sometime, and I have saws and saw experience. I just don't have a saw that would be happy running a 36" bar all day long.

And, for what it's worth, if you asked me right now where I'd get one from, I couldn't give you an answer. I could probably find out, but off the top of my head...no idea.

jokers said:

Russ
We rent saws that size, we also rent wheel-chairs, I.V. bags, prosthetics, not a problem, ha ha.

OK I will take the bait, what do you need to cut that requires a 36" bar, and is the tree still standing?

Dadatwins said:
OK I will take the bait, what do you need to cut that requires a 36" bar, and is the tree still standing?

Most anything in a 36" size I think could be cut easily with an 18" bar on something like a 361, or a 440 size saw.

Of course, this is assuming the operator is familiar with the technique for using a short bar to fall or buck large trees.

Lawn Masters said:
Most anything in a 36" size I think could be cut easily with an 18" bar on something like a 361, or a 440 size saw.

Of course, this is assuming the operator is familiar with the technique for using a short bar to fall or buck large trees.

And of course if they aren't familiar with those techniques then they have no business taking down something that requires a 36" bar.

The biggest saw they rent out around here in the catalog at sunbelt is a husky 365 with a 24 inch bar. I have never seen a store that rented a 36 inch saw. I think that would be asking for some harry home owner to hurt him self or cut down a tree on his house or car.

Latest posts

Back