Chainsaw scrench and carb tool combined.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Combination bar and carb tool.

• Total voters

jonsereds 621

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi all.
For some few years now I have been in the habit of taking to any "saw it up job" fuel and saw obviously, bar oil, combi bar nut and adjustment tool and a smaller screwdriver suitable for carb adjustment.
The small screwdriver is best kept in a pocket, until I bend over that way at which point it will either poke a hole in pocket, or stick me in the side. If it's on the ground for even a second (grass), it will instantly become invisible, at which point I will need it. If I stick it in nearest fence post, I won't see it again for perhaps five years.
I'm thinking it cannot be just me. Many of you work in snowy remote locations,presumably-drop it in that and small screwdriver is gone forever.
So, why can't it fold out from the bar and chain tool ? ....and yet I have never seen anything that does this.
Does anyone have a photo of something that does this, or a link perhaps ?
Or is it only me ??

Rekon you need to sharpen up your situational awareness along with your chain :).
I only carry a carb tuning screwdriver, or tool when I need it, then once adjustment is done, put it away in the bag for next time, scrench is kept right next to the paint brush to brush away and clean the fuel and oil caps before topping up again right next to the fuel tin, or in the bag next to the first aid kit.

Yeah, we all drop things, but you usually hear where they land, tho years of dropping tools and springs, and circlips, etc etc fine tunes your directional ability to sence where the damn things ended up.
Spent 30 min looking for a carb screen that I stupidly blew out with air whilst holding in my fingers, only to have the bloomin thing take off into the front yard somewhere.
I had a sence of where it went in that nano second, and started a grid search on the ground, yep found it.

Tho I think time travel, or an alternate universe has opened up when an E clip or piston circlip cries freedom and takes off :dizzy::rare2::(:reading::confused::mad::angry::cry:

T
Ps, I have tried several multi tools that you can get for pushbikes, combo chain breaker, 10, 12,14mm spanner, screw driver, spoke tool etc, but found them slow and clunky, just get the tool for the job, and do it right.
tho I always have a leatherman wave on my belt, originally thought they were for show offs, but after working on aircraft for a while, I found they were quite handy and useful, if I cant sort the problem quickly with the wave, I walk or drive to the tool box, depending on whats needed :)

I take an ex-baby wipe container with me to the woods. It holds extra chains, scrench, screwdriver, with room to spare for whatever else you'd like.

I would just end up breaking it off when I attempted to adjust my chain with it or went 200lbs gorilla on my bar nuts.

Back