Chainsaw vise assembly work stand ID

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KerfWatcher

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Ran across this, looking for info on it. Very heavy cast iron, has a Made in Italy sticker on it. I own a few of the stihl assembly work stands (pricy but work fantastic). Specific made chainsaw work stands seem to be very far and few between. Have read a few threads over the years about them but not a common topic, especially factory versions.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20231107_141237.jpg
    20231107_141237.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 1
Ran across this, looking for info on it. Very heavy cast iron, has a Made in Italy sticker on it. I own a few of the stihl assembly work stands (pricy but work fantastic). Specific made chainsaw work stands seem to be very far and few between. Have read a few threads over the years about them but not a common topic, especially factory versions.

Thanks in advance.
Scott
Tree Monkey sells new chainsaw vices made to order.

Scott
Tree Monkey sells new chainsaw vices made to order.
Thanks, yes I am aware of the fabricated versions that a few people offer.

Strange enough searching though his stuff again, I found a video with the same vise as I posted, that he mentioned is about (now) 30 years old.

Thanks, yes I am aware of the fabricated versions that a few people offer.

Strange enough searching though his stuff again, I found a video with the same vise as I posted, that he mentioned is about (now) 30 years old.

I have 2 of stihls workstands/vices, one I use has the bolt on
extension arm and the other has the shaft tool clamping
attatchement. Got them on a deal years ago. What is nice on them
are the big round rotating ball that5 supports the work angle arm
I think they were about 500,00loonies at one time

I bought the expensive Stihl tool and put a pillow slip over it to keep it beautiful but often forget to use it lol. I recently completely pulled apart my 084 (big end fail), have reassembled it enough to pressure test then remembered my shiny unused tool.
Out of sight out of mind I spose, and old age

I have been looking for one of those vises for at least 15 years and have never seen one except for the one tree monkey has in his video

Back