Chainsaws, Fire & Guns

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I look every once in awhile on the gunbroker site and just shake my head. I figure someday I will find a reasonable one.

Bill

The trick is to have a gun fund ready so when you stumble across a deal at a gun shop or a gun show, you're set to make the purchase. Sad to say, prices these days are way out of whack, especially compared to when I started rounding up my shootin' irons 30 years ago. However, private party deals can still be had. That's the fun of the chase in the gun realm, just like sniffin' around for used saws. Be ready, keep looking and you'll score, probably when you least expect it.

I will never get rid of mine. I have the 22lr and 22mag cylinders for it. A truly great piece of hardware!

A Single Six is great little revolver.
My first firearm was a Single Six my father gave me for Christmas when I was 13, long barrel version (9 1/2" I think).
I bought each of my sons a 4 5/8" model a few years back and really liked them so my wife bought me one for Christmas, all of them have the mag cylinder with them.
Great shooters.
OP, sounds like you had a blast, thanks for sharing.

No need to be reasonable, this is AS.
Picture003.jpg

RandyMac

That sure is a purdy thang. Who did your scroll work?

That is the last of my heavy revolvers, it's a Virginian Dragoon .44 Mag. I ordered it from the factory that way, they called it Class B Floral. It was made here in the USA, Viriginia. Stamped on the bottom of the gripframe is "Sic Semper Tyrannis" I'll probably have it buried with me.

I guess I should clarify a few things. I grew up shooting my fathers single six. It was my trapline gun and my coon hunting gun for years. Yes I shot the ole coons out of a tree with a single six. The gun is still on the shelf in the farm shop. I had my son shooting it a few weeks ago. There is a mag cylinder for it aslo but they are too darn expensive to shoot. If I asked Dad he would tell me to just take the gun home but that is not the way I operate. I am my own man and I want want for my three boys to enjoy one as much as I did. As far as I am concearned when the time comes (please be it long down the road) I would prefer to bury my father with his guns. He is too old to shoot them now but I cannot see taking one away from him. I do have his Ithaca 37A but that was a complete safety issue at his unspoken request.

Sorry to derail just speaking out.

Bill

Bill, thanks, it is a fine piece, every man deserves at least one finely made weapon, you do too.
I don't see a derail here, speak your mind, guns, family are on subject. It's good that you feel the way you do, and you are not afaid to share it, more men should speak from the heart.
My own father died at the same age I am now, I am still pissed about it, just as I was able to speak man to man with him, he was suddenly gone. I have the old Winchester pump 22 he gave when I was 10, it's one of my most cherished things. To handle and shoot it brings so many memories to me.

Latest posts

Back