chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a cs-300 top handle Echo that I use all the time since I ran over my Stihl 200-t, it doesn't turn up as high as I'd like but it is a decent saw for the money I have in it.

I have a cs-300 top handle Echo that I use all the time since I ran over my Stihl 200-t, it doesn't turn up as high as I'd like but it is a decent saw for the money I have in it.

I found an Echo cs330T 14" at reseasonable price. I've had good luck with some of their other products, but I've never tried one of their chainsaws, hence my asking.

People not mentioning them is what makes me think they are not a good chainsaw. I'm not picky about what I use, I just want a reliable saw that will serve its purpose for as long as possible. I'm picky about the price however, mainly because I'm a relatively small company. I have one part time employee and if something breaks down I'm s.o.l. if I don't have the money to replace it.

We use the echo more than any of our other saws. 2-3tanks of gas per day 3-4 days a week. For over 2 years now. Very few problems. Replaced ignition switch and the rubber piece where the side handle attaches. Starting to think about replacing it and keeping it for the backup now.

thanks for the info, helps me with my decision. I would like to have a Stihl or a Husquavarna, but holy s------ m----------r their expensive. If I sold 2 of my snakes I could buy 2 or3 Stihls.

SNAKES RULE!!!! :rock:

Last edited:
This Echo is NOT Junk.

My Echo is a fabulous saw, but Echo no longer makes it. I believe SawTroll is talking about the saws that Echo makes today--not this one that I bought 11 years ago. It is a marvelous piece of equipment--the CS 3900:
Echo3900.jpg

I think they are well built, reliable saws, but they don't have as good a horsepower to weight ratio as the saws that are more popular on the forum

Well in that case, can any body recommend a company with a reseasonable price on sthil saws. I have one chainsaw right now, but I want another to speed up production. And to have a back up.

Well in that case, can any body recommend a company with a reseasonable price on sthil saws. I have one chainsaw right now, but I want another to speed up production. And to have a back up.

Yeah, good luck with that, resonable price and Stihl don't belong in the same sentence, lol. It's more like premium price period. That should be their new marketing scheme, the premium price guarantee.

Last edited:
I have a Stihl 192t and a echo cs3400 top handle.

I have the echo as a backup. Very much as a backup. I only use it when I have to as compared to the Stihl.

If you can afford it, buy a Stihl. You'll get more productivity. about $320 for a 192t.

Hey Nails,

There's a Gander Mountain (smaller version of Bass Pro Shop) an hour form where I live, and they have a Stihl 192t for $399.99 before tax and a 200t for $599.99 before tax. A local store in the same city has both saws, but each is $80 more in price. No one else in my area sells Stihl saws or anything Stihl related. That's why I ask if anyone knows where I can get one a little cheaper. As I said before, if I can get some of my reptiles sold I could buy 2 or 3 of them. By the way I have been landscaping for the past 4 years. Last year I started doing tree care work, because I saw an opportunity. Only 2 other people in my town do tree work. But these 2 use extension ladders or they go rent a scissor lift. Even then they still turn down most of their calls because of location or the size of tree. I know for a fact that neither one of them is ISA certified, and if you were to see some of the trees they have trimmed you would have a heart attack and smoke would come out your ears.

:rock: SNAKES RULE! :rock:

If you are doing this type of work day in and day out, find yourself a reputable dealer that you can build a working relationship with. I wouldnt buy any saw from a box store, or gander mtn for that matter. Its nice working with a dealer in case you need product support, or something is down and needs to be fixed. With that said, if your looking for an arborists saw, the 200T is the powerhouse of them, and probably one of the best. I run one everyday, and wouldnt want anything else in the tree with me. Its got tons of power, ballenced really well, all in all, a perfect saw in my eyes. The 192 is more of a trim saw, not really good for big removals, but it is lighter, but also far less power then the 200. Im personally a Stihl man all the way, not saying that its better then Husky or others, but just my personal prefrence. Got a full line of them from the 192 to the MS660. Also being German myself, I Love my beer and love my Stihl's!

If you are doing this type of work day in and day out, find yourself a reputable dealer that you can build a working relationship with. I wouldnt buy any saw from a box store, or gander mtn for that matter. Its nice working with a dealer in case you need product support, or something is down and needs to be fixed. With that said, if your looking for an arborists saw, the 200T is the powerhouse of them, and probably one of the best. I run one everyday, and wouldnt want anything else in the tree with me. Its got tons of power, ballenced really well, all in all, a perfect saw in my eyes. The 192 is more of a trim saw, not really good for big removals, but it is lighter, but also far less power then the 200. Im personally a Stihl man all the way, not saying that its better then Husky or others, but just my personal prefrence. Got a full line of them from the 192 to the MS660. Also being German myself, I Love my beer and love my Stihl's!

The gander mountain has a good selection of Stihl machines. Every thing from the 192 to brush cutters to there gas engine drills (don't know its' model #). but I would agree to not buy from there. The locally owned store I mentioned does sells and service on all Stihl, Echo, Toro, Walker and etc. products, but as I said it's really high in price compared to the Gander mtn. The bad thing though about this store, is that its location is an hour from where I live. I almost need a back up for the back up. The town I live in only has locally owned hardware stores, and they only sell Poulan and the occasional Husquavarna. This is the reason why I'm searching for a another company that has slighty lower prices.

Never knew gander carried stihl...at least the one up here doesnt. They did have a scag mower on dispay for a while, but that was short lived. I have always shyed away from buying from the big box stores, like supporting the little guy power equipment dealer then the big chain stores. I would definatly learn how to do all the work on your own saws. I dont know about dropping a saw off to Gander to have work done on it if need be. Not trying to bash the store, love it, get a lota good stuff there for hunting...been there quite frequently actually in the past 3 weeks getting ready for bow season, which starts tomorow here in NY. Good luck with whatever saw you end up getting.

Last edited:
please do not buy another echo pos....stihl or husky...i will never ever buy another echo saw, they dont publish thier hp rating for a reason. My experience from buying from the small guy= whatever they are selling is "the best"....no honesty from them, big box store= the sales people dont know jake and really dont care, but u will get at a better price and returns r usually hassle free...u do the research and be informed of what u r getting for what u r spending..dont really on mom and pop for honest answers...for mom and pop to carry certain brands they have to buy a large quantity to become a dealership, that means they have to sell a large quantity of it, so they might push u into a pos.I now buy what i want from whomever i want...when i need it...i have no loyalty..i dont live in a 1 horse town so i have many sources to buy from...thats just me.

Last edited:
My Echo is a fabulous saw, but Echo no longer makes it. I believe SawTroll is talking about the saws that Echo makes today--not this one that I bought 11 years ago. It is a marvelous piece of equipment--the CS 3900:
Echo3900.jpg

Well, it sure looks like POS......:popcorn: :givebeer:

Latest posts

Back