Champion Splitter New $699.99

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danrclem

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
If you live near a Rural King they have a Champion 23 Ton splitter that has a $899.99 sale price with a $200.00 online rebate. The sale is good 12-16-12 to 12-22-12.

They also have a Wild Thing for $99.99 plus another $10.00 online rebate. It's a good saw to let your brother-in-law use.

They also have a Wild Thing for $99.99 plus another $10.00 online rebate. It's a good saw to let your brother-in-law use.

My BIL has a Poulan 4200. I don't think he'd be interested in a "Thang". He doesn't heat with wood. All the wood for his fire ring comes out of my uglies pile. :msp_biggrin:

If anybody is thinking about one of these, I acquired one during the black Friday sale. So far so good. I gotta say, I'm actually impressed with it. I've split a pick-up bed full of red oak and whatnot so far, it chewed right through some crotches, uglies, etc. The only thing I've done to it is to go over it after getting it home, double checked bolts, re-routed hyd. hoses (they had a really odd twist in them, enough to give a snake a back ache!) turned the hyd. filter to the side so it isn't hanging below the axle/hyd. tank. Just the typical stuff when ya have kids assembling things! All in all though, unless you are one of those people that could tear up a cannon ball, I think these things are a good buy for the average homeowner.

If anybody is thinking about one of these, I acquired one during the black Friday sale. So far so good. I gotta say, I'm actually impressed with it. I've split a pick-up bed full of red oak and whatnot so far, it chewed right through some crotches, uglies, etc. The only thing I've done to it is to go over it after getting it home, double checked bolts, re-routed hyd. hoses (they had a really odd twist in them, enough to give a snake a backache!) turned the hyd. filter to the side so it isn't hanging below the axle/hyd. tank. Just the typical stuff when ya have kids assembling things! All in all though, unless you are one of those people that could tear up a cannon ball, I think these things are a good buy for the average homeowner.

How the heck did that happen?!?!?! Double post that is...

champion splitter

I bought one last year 22t with a lofan? engine done a power of work with it and it has had some real nasty stuff through it, shape wise, I still need to put side racks on it ,but the bolt holes are all there and tapped so not really a problem to fit. I like the vertical option too as some of the biggys are a bit heavy and it is easy to split them down on the ground , then when they are all done put it back to horizontal to do the final splits to size

Latest posts

Back