changed my mind about stihl chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look everybody, the dumb:censored: Wanabe popped up again with his words of wisdom.
LMAO!!

glad your enjoying my wisdom. it comes from real world experience. its not based on factory propaganda or blind fanboizm/hype like your own.

:buttkick:

you may want to reconsider your personal vendetta against me. it does not seem to be working in your favor.

:greenchainsaw:

I have no vendetta against you. Once a dumb:censored: always a dumb:censored: , nothing left to prove about you.

maybe your looking in the mirror?

only thing you have proved so far is your thin skin and the fact you love to dish it out but cant take it. you posting im a dumb:censored: every few of my posts does not make me one.

:givebeer:

Yup, I do work there. Just got through this afternoon helping a bunch of people from my store build a recreational area for a local junior high along with a bunch of stuff depot donated. Not a bad place to work

However, buying chainsaw chain there would be like buying a hamburger at an Italian restaurant. :)

And you have been to an Italian Restaurant?

Sorry Spacy, just had to, it's been a long time since picking on you! :cheers:

Next 'lets kick each other in the nutz' who has the best chain thread.

Lets talk about C-scales and tempature.

Reading the Oregon web-site, they mention that there chain is better when it's cold out, any one care to add to this, and why?

A good friend on mine, one of the better metallurgists I perhaps will ever meet, mentions that the Titanic would not have sunk if the water was a little warmer.

Tempered steel (martempered) has different properties at different temps, ever shatter an ax when it was real cold out?

(how about shear a shaft or have anything shatter/brake on the coldest of days)

The comment from the Oregon site suggest to me that there steel is may have more retained austensite in it then Stihl or Carloton chain?

If all that means it is softer and at cold temps it is more likely to bend then crack/ shatter then I agree. I think Oregon chain and all others for that matter are softer then Stihl

If all that means it is softer and at cold temps it is more likely to bend then crack/ shatter then I agree. I think Oregon chain and all others for that matter are softer then Stihl

It should make Stihl and Carlton too brittle cold, but it's not.

But it dose suggest (by Oregon) that it's just right cold.

Makes me think that Oregon dose not have the HT process down yet.

only thing you have proved so far is your thin skin and the fact you love to dish it out but cant take it. you posting im a dumb:censored: every few of my posts does not make me one.

YAWN

Just mow has chainsaw envy. Can you blame him? :cheers:

Back