changing bar studs on 6401

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johncinco

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Why oh why did this get built this way? I have a half a dozen makita saws, and almost all the bars mount the same. I finally got around to using my 6401 some more and discovered the bar studs do not allow me to use my other bars. The studs on all my other saws are .310 or pretty close, and the studs on the 6401 are .340. They flare out at the base. How hard would it be to change these out? (sorry not metric, only have a standard caliper)

My 6800 and 6801 bars wont even fit on this.

Why would they make em thicker on this saw? If they had to make em thicker, why not make em match a husky or stihl. Yep, I tried an dmeasured all those bars laying around as well.

Why oh why did this get built this way? I have a half a dozen makita saws, and almost all the bars mount the same. I finally got around to using my 6401 some more and discovered the bar studs do not allow me to use my other bars. The studs on all my other saws are .310 or pretty close, and the studs on the 6401 are .340. They flare out at the base. How hard would it be to change these out? (sorry not metric, only have a standard caliper)

My 6800 and 6801 bars wont even fit on this.

Why would they make em thicker on this saw? If they had to make em thicker, why not make em match a husky or stihl. Yep, I tried an dmeasured all those bars laying around as well.

those studs should measure about .345, D009 bar-- very common bar. most mid to large husky's and jonsered's use the same.

Last edited:
Back