Check my plug color

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh no... a wasted life....

What is it with Florida anyhow?? Tom boy (newguy) also didn't drink :monkey:

I smelled a Beer once...that was all it took.

I also wish they'd bring back prohibition...Too many drunks killing too many folks. But what would the federal government do without all the revenue the tax on Alcohol brings in??? Exactly the reason why alcohol is here to stay...

If I was in charge I'd stop all booze except fine PW micro brews and single malt scotch :popcorn:

I might allow a little JB for stop Ultra from whining.:greenchainsaw:

HEY RED: Start a top based on your prior post in OTT. You and the resident gobbler should get it on just fine :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Last edited:
Jonsered oil, 40:1 mix with 91 octane 10% ethanol blend(no choice up here in MN).

Most of my stuff runs darker than this(probably too rich). The fuel is about 3 months old, so I know I am at the end of its life. It was the last mix I had. Fresh stuff next time.

Since it looks good, I will try to get a tach on it and see where I am at. What about the carb spitting fuel into the air filter? What does that indicate or is it normal on some carbs?

Here in central MN the 91 octane doesn't have ethanol. Maybe it's a station to sration thing. Your plug looks a tad lean, it wouldn't hurt to richen it up a bit. With ethonal you'll need the adjuters out a little farther than normal as it doesn't flow through the carb as good. Steve

Here in central MN the 91 octane doesn't have ethanol. Maybe it's a station to sration thing. Your plug looks a tad lean, it wouldn't hurt to richen it up a bit. With ethonal you'll need the adjuters out a little farther than normal as it doesn't flow through the carb as good. Steve

To my knowledge, it is a state law that all gasoline have 10% blend. The only exception that I know of is av gas. The 89 octane is just a blend of 87 and 91. Now, they are talking of E20 as a state mandate by 2010 or 2012. It might be passed this session. Talked to the local legislators last week.

To my knowledge, it is a state law that all gasoline have 10% blend. The only exception that I know of is av gas. The 89 octane is just a blend of 87 and 91. Now, they are talking of E20 as a state mandate by 2010 or 2012. It might be passed this session. Talked to the local legislators last week.

At my local Shell station it at the 91 pump is says unoxygenated to be used in off road vehicles. The 87 and 89 have ethanol. When my BIL got a new saw filled it with my 91 oct,and it ran fine, soon as he put some with ethanol in it was lean, pulled the caps and adjusted and it ran fine again. Steve

At my local Shell station it at the 91 pump is says unoxygenated to be used in off road vehicles. The 87 and 89 have ethanol. When my BIL got a new saw filled it with my 91 oct,and it ran fine, soon as he put some with ethanol in it was lean, pulled the caps and adjusted and it ran fine again. Steve

Interesting... The "off road" label must be what gets around the mandate. I checked MN law and everything is supposed to be 10% blend. Unfortunately, we don't have anything labeled "off road". Haven't seen that anywhere in 100 mile radius up here.

Use it while you can. I imagine it will go away when the E20 mandate comes down.

I agree with opening the jets more. I will test when I get a chance. Busy week and pretty darn cold. -20 degrees this morning.

Where in MN are you? Lakes country??

Back